Home

Xbox One leaves me in a pickle

This is a discussion on Xbox One leaves me in a pickle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Xbox One leaves me in a pickle

Most of these games are going to be coming out for the 360 as well, but I don't see spending $150+ on 360 games and later getting them on the One. Curse my love of college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #26
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Just ride it out and stick with the 360 I'm going to stick with the PS3 unless 2K comes out only on the PS4 then holy hell I'm going to drop 400-600 dollars on another game counsel. But 2K is well worth it 😳
Old 05-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #27
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

You are 20 years old, it's the summer time, get a job in retail or at a restaurant and save up money for the SpyBox, keep your 360, and you won't be in a pickle.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 05-25-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #28
Rookie

tan_man's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm one of those that feel that I have to have the PS4 but I just want to play Madden on it. If COD released on it too, it would well be worth the purchase.

BUT I am going to try it first before I buy it. Something I should do with Madden and NCAA but I always make the mistake and buy it as soon as it hits 12:00AM on release day.

I am 29 years old and feel like a friggin' loser every time I do that lol

My wife makes fun of me relentlessly.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #29
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

You are not going to get much money selling your xbox anyways man. At least not enough to really make a difference.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #30
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Don't take this wrong OP, but all the marketing surrounding these new consoles is directed at individuals like yourself who feel they need to be the 1st to get the latest-n-greatest toy.

In today's financial climate, I can't see how anyone (except those that still live with parents who pay for everything) can be ready to drop that amount of cash on a gaming unit.

The sale is that "You have to have it"!!!

It's called "Impulse Buying" and it's directed at folks that really don't have the money to spend on them, but are willing to sell the farm just to have.

If you got it like that, then do your thang, but you've already acknowledged you don't in your OP.
(the fact that you'll have to sell a perfectly working system and all your games, just to have your intelligence insulted with a $100 payout)

My fellow gamer, don't throw yourself deeper into "Broke" status just to be one of the first to have.
At least wait a couple of months to see what the "Total" cost will be just to play on these systems...
Subscriptions - Xbox Live cost/increase not set in stone yet

Internet cost - Most internet providers looking to charge more knowing video gaming is a big driver of use

- many internet providers have already started to minimize internet speeds to cut cost, based off of your zip code (ie a well to do area vs middle to lower income area)
- most AT&T/Comcast high speed access is being reserved for upper income areas

As others have noted, initial roll-outs of games will definitely have issues as has always been the case.
So basically you'll be paying a high price to be a "Free Tester" for most of the 1st games that come out.

Man at 20, there is so much you can experience outside the house with limited responsibilities before you. (take advantage while you can)

My suggestion would be to wait, keep the current system/games, you and couple of your buds get a hotel, gas up the guzzler and go be goof-balls at a couple live sporting events.

The new consoles aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Just my thought dealing with your "Pickle"...

OP, this here is knowledge and great advice. Soak it up bro!

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »