Home

Why are we still stuck @ 12 user limit?

This is a discussion on Why are we still stuck @ 12 user limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Why are we still stuck @ 12 user limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Welcome to the Internet, is this your first day?

As long as it takes to advance an OD at times, I would hate to advance a 50 team dynasty. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Just because YOU would hate to do it does not mean there aren't people out there who would LOVE to be able to do it. Even for offline dynasties i'd like to be able to control more than just 12 teams. And be able to import more than just 12 teams. In MLB the Show, I control every team. I only play the Yankees games but I like to have roster control over every team so if there's a trade in real life, I can always reflect that in the game. Same thing with NBA 2k13, I control every team. I play all the Heat games but I also play a lot of other matchups when the games are interesting, like if it's the Thunder vs Lakers or Knicks vs Celtics. It also allowed me to make all the trades and get the rosters as accurate as possible.

Now in college football there aren't trades, but I'd still like to be able to control more than just 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
What about the amount of team builder teams we can import? I thought I read on thegamingtailgates site is was still 12.
Teambuilder gets NO love from the NCAA team since they added it. Teambuilder teams still only get either all white or all black cleats which makes the entire uniform look generic. Most underutilized feature the NCAA team has ever added.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
Rookie

flustercuck's Arena

OVR: 0
I wonder what the avg number of users was in Madden last year. I'd be willing to bet the number of OD's with over 12 users was a very small number. I do wish they would increase to 16 to match the max teams in a conference.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Just curious, did they ever give a reason why they haven't/won't raise it? Why is 12 the magic number?
There are some limitations that I don't think I can share. And I guess some other stuff has been higher on the 'list' of things to implement.

The 'magic number' was initially 12 because that was the size of most conferences when NCAA '09 was released.

Like I said, it's been consistent feedback from the community. I'm hoping it gets addressed with the introduction of new-gen tech. Shouldn't be any limitations with that.
Twitter: @Drifterbub
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterbub
There are some limitations that I don't think I can share. And I guess some other stuff has been higher on the 'list' of things to implement.

The 'magic number' was initially 12 because that was the size of most conferences when NCAA '09 was released.

Like I said, it's been consistent feedback from the community. I'm hoping it gets addressed with the introduction of new-gen tech. Shouldn't be any limitations with that.
I remember getting REALLY pissed the year they offered extra Teambuilder slots as a Preorder bonus and even sold unlimited slots as an add on and then still limited us to 12 teams in a dynasty. That really bothered me.

The #12 has been going on since last gen. I believe on last gen they used to max out the dynasty users at 12. I know it's always been 12 on this gen but it's like it was something they were limited to (probably for legit reasons at the time) back on the old systems and just decided to keep it the same on this generation of systems.

But I hope you're right about that number going away on next gen. I'm interested to see if they implement Teambuilder on next gen or if they just get rid of it.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I want every team control. It's pretty much how I play sports games now. Now that Madden has it back I'm considering buying it.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
because EA doesn't improve anything. Why has Teambuilder not been touched since it's been added? Because they never really fix or improve anything. With them it's always, what's the new gimmick we can sell people on?
ben said in the press row podcast when they put something in the game they have to get it 100% right because they dont have the resources to fix it the next year. actually it was in reference to why they wouldnt put a playoff for year 2 in the dynasty, but it fits.

maybe 32 USER DYNASTY doesnt sound catchy enough. while youre right about there not being direct player movement from team to team, us having control over every team could give us the option to make changes to reflect things that happen in real life. guys transferring during season, kicked off team, getting injured, etc. theres been times ive started a dynasty and a guy gets kicked off the team im playing in a few weeks and i dont want to restart the whole dynasty. im glad they recently gave me the option to give him 0 fatigue and 0 injuries, but if i can cripple him why cant i also change the depth chart.

Last edited by ActLikeYouCrow; 05-29-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
ben said in the press row podcast when they put something in the game they have to get it 100% right because they dont have the resources to fix it the next year. actually it was in reference to why they wouldnt put a playoff for year 2 in the dynasty, but it fits.
Must be why instead of improving on things they just scrap them for new ideas the following year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

The NHL series this yea actually allowed over 700 users to participate in an online league. In the "GM Connected" mode, there were 30 teams that could be managed by human players, and then each of these teams could have up to 25 user controlled players to play the games.

There were a ton of issues on release though with game freezing and looping, and then menu's were extremely slow, but I think by now they've gotten it all figured out. Definitely could be worked in for NCAA. But it appears as if EA is more interested in raking in even more money from microtransactions in UT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »