Home

NCAA 2014 and Rivalries

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 and Rivalries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
NCAA 2014 and Rivalries

Has any info about Rivalries came out for 2014? It would be nice to have dynamic rivals when a team moves conferences or when you played tight games against the same teams year after year and make it a rivalry.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

Re: NCAA 2014 and Rivalries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliam
Has any info about Rivalries came out for 2014? It would be nice to have dynamic rivals when a team moves conferences or when you played tight games against the same teams year after year and make it a rivalry.
Thats a good question. But none-the-less, your non conference games, you can use for your "Old conference rivalries" and i believe the game will still recognize the rivalry if Im not mistaken.

On the other side, im not sure about playing close games with a team and the game recognizes it, but it is a really good idea.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I dont see Rivalries being dynamic. Would be nice
Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

It would be great if you could have dynamic rivalries but I don't think they put it in since we haven't heard anything.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

it seems like the coaching skills thing is at least inspired from coach progression in the old College Hoops 2k game so here's hoping they also got inspired with how that game handled rivalries. Dynamic would be cool too, but at the very least just give every team an editable list of 5 or 6 rivals the way 2k did
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12

Really wish you could edit schools rivalries before a dynasty because last year Mizzou had Texas A&M as one but the others were Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Iowa St. Being in the SEC now, they need to add Arkansas as one and probably South Carolina with the Battle of Columbia trophy game now. It would just add to the customization of the game if you could change every year.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharp14
Really wish you could edit schools rivalries before a dynasty because last year Mizzou had Texas A&M as one but the others were Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Iowa St. Being in the SEC now, they need to add Arkansas as one and probably South Carolina with the Battle of Columbia trophy game now. It would just add to the customization of the game if you could change every year.
This!
Just have another option on the screen where you can make conference changes in the off season. Have it so that you can edit anyone's rivals so that they can have anywhere from 1 to 6 schools on the list (some schools had 6 in '12. I've never played '13).

Then if you have a close game against a certain school for a few years in a row at least you'd have the option after the season to add that school to your rivalry list.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
MVP

Bama and A&M could become one, but time will tell. For a while Alabama and Florida was when Tebow was there. I'm open for some sort of change, its that I like use my out of conference games for playing bigger opponents to have a better shot of moving up the polls.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »