Home

Rebuild team question

This is a discussion on Rebuild team question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
Rookie

Seven706's Arena

OVR: 1
Rebuild team question

Who would u all say is the toughest team to rebuild and recruiting wise also who is the school u kno of that start with no other pipeline state other then the one that the school is in already????

I have ncaa 13

Last edited by Seven706; 06-05-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Rebuild team question

In NCAA 12 (I didn't get 13, but will be buying 14), it was Akron. Lowest overall ratings in the game, and had mediocre-at-best ratings for the school itself (such as Fan Base and Conference Prestige) to use in recruiting, meaning you're already in the hole.

North Texas had about the same college ratings, but better player ratings. Rice had an A+ in Academic Prestige (as it should) and sucked everywhere else, but still had that one advantage.

Akron had none of these. Hopefully the new FBS schools like Old Dominion are around that level...er, if anyone here went to those schools, I say that as a gamer, not as a college critic.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
In NCAA 12 (I didn't get 13, but will be buying 14), it was Akron. Lowest overall ratings in the game, and had mediocre-at-best ratings for the school itself (such as Fan Base and Conference Prestige) to use in recruiting, meaning you're already in the hole.
Yeah I did a Dynasty with Akron in 12 and it was ridiculously tough to start out with. You have positions where you needed to recruit 3 players in your first year alone, and your pitches were so bad you had at times problems to find even 1 star players to fill your needs, you know you're in a tough spot when you begin to think of a C+ pitch as something positive.

I had the huge luck that somehow, a 4 star athlete slipped through the cracks of the other teams and I somehow managed to sign him late in the season (seriously, don't ask me how..) who turned out to be a REALLY fast receiver, I ran that guy into the ground using him at WR, HB, option QB and even as DB in dime sets, he basically carried my offense on his back for the first 2-3 seasons, he was so much better than everyone around him it wasn't funny anymore, and his success was the one reason I managed to improve my team enough that I could actually and try and get some 3 star recruits on my team after a couple seasons.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

UMass is pretty difficult. Low prestige and player ratings. Nor is it located in a state that generates a large number of recruits. It is a good bit easier to recruit if your home state is Texas or Ohio.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

If you are looking for a REAL challenge, pick an SEC school. Preferably a sucky one like Vandy. Edit the ratings of everyone on the team to 0, and make them all freshmen. Good luck getting anywhere like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »