Home

LHN, SECN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU branding...

This is a discussion on LHN, SECN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU branding... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #49
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: LHN, SECN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU branding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I wasn't even talking about money wise. Talking about RAM availability.
Something like this wouldn't be a RAM issue, but a disc space issue, but I doubt that's the problem anyway. I'm sure it's purely a financial issue because, despite what some people in this thread seem to think, it would cost EA money to bring in other networks.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #50
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Heck, the television station I work at sells video at $75 per SECOND. I highly doubt FOX and CBS are just going to give away their graphics for free.
What is stopping EA from working with CBS/FOX/whoever to get the branding right?

Your TV station sells video to common folk who aren't going to do anything with it, hence no value to the station. Having the different logos in the game would do lots to raise awareness of the different brands, especially if EA were able to keep it true (SEC games on CBS, etc)

I guess the one thing that could hold it back would be the "Why is ESPN getting paid and we're not?", though.

PS - I work at a TV station, too. What do you do?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #51
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

The thing about the ESPN branding is whether or not the game is on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC, the score banner is still the same. The only difference being that ABC also has the ABC button in the corner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #52
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I doubt CBS or FOX would want to use ESPN announcers. So they'd have to get a crew from each network to use, something that WOULD cost money.

Getting multiple television graphics from different broadcast stations is going to be next to impossible, even if you tell them it's just free adverts. These companies spends millions and millions of dollars to get their branding just right and they're going to want it implemented in a game perfectly, as to not screw up the branding. Plus, they're most likely not going to want to be in the game unless they are compensated for it. The most we can probably get right now is the ESPN2/U/ABC stuff mentioned and shown earlier in the thread. CBS and FOX spent a lot of money to get rights to show college football games.

Heck, the television station I work at sells video at $75 per SECOND. I highly doubt FOX and CBS are just going to give away their graphics for free.
This made me take back what I said. I love to have CBS for my SEC games. But I would turn commentary off if I had to listen to Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:22 AM   #53
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I still can't believe people can't get the fact that all of these things cost money. EA already paid big bucks to secure the ESPN license, and I'm sure as snot that any other network does not want to share billing with Mickey Mouse. I can see the overlays for the ESPN family of networks, but I don't ever see any of their competitors wanting close to the game without being paid royally.
Yeah, I know it costs money and that it's not going to happen, especially with how EA is struggling at the moment and their fetish for exclusive contracts. ESPN wouldn't want to share billing with anyone else either (Worldwide Leader and all). It's just going to appear a little dated being exclusively ESPN in the years to come, with other networks getting in on the sport.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Having the different logos in the game would do lots to raise awareness of the different brands, especially if EA were able to keep it true (SEC games on CBS, etc)
You could make the same argument about the different sports leagues and yet it costs a bundle to buy a license to use these leagues in games.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #55
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
FIFA also undoubtedly has a much bigger budget given that it's EA Sports' top seller by a wide margin.
OK, NCAA Basketball had two different sets of announcers too as well as ESPN and CBS branding. Did they have a bigger budget than NCAA Football too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #56
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
The thing about the ESPN branding is whether or not the game is on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC, the score banner is still the same. The only difference being that ABC also has the ABC button in the corner.
The logo is differnt tho.

I have an idea. ESPN- Nationally telvised games (entire country gets this game)

ESPN 2- Regional game (not all regions have this game)

ESPNU- Small time regional game (FCS teams)

ESPN3- Other small time games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »