Home

Old Feature You Miss The Most?

This is a discussion on Old Feature You Miss The Most? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Old Feature You Miss The Most?

I miss everything, everyone has said. They should really put all of these features back in the game.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #18
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I miss the suspensions too but from what i could remember it was always a star player getting into trouble so it kinda ruined the feature for me cuz it was either lose games due to key players being suspended or lose prestige for not suspending the player.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

25 second play clock.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #20
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I miss dynamic weather. Tired of it steadily raining or snowing. Make the weather changing for next gen a priority! And I miss the stats in the play calling screen from the PS2 era. Never had to pause the game. Could sub and see stats all on the fly.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I miss dynamic weather. Tired of it steadily raining or snowing. Make the weather changing for next gen a priority! And I miss the stats in the play calling screen from the PS2 era. Never had to pause the game. Could sub and see stats all on the fly.
Subbing on the fly started in NCAA 06. And once you made a sub in the pause menu, in formation subs, then it wouldn't work anymore for that player in that formation. It was the first game to allow you to have a pocket passer and a scrambling QB at your disposal to sub in at any time, to any formation. It gave you a dual threat QB attack for multiplier games, and it sure was useful. In games before NCAA 06, you still could do formation subs, different QBS for different formations, but in NCAA 06 you could switch QBs, RBs, WRs, on the fly for any formation. Not to mention the bluff play modifier that not everybody knew about, so your opponent couldn't narrow down your potential play to the 3 plays on the screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #22
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Spring Drills has already been mentioned, and is my #1, but my #2 is def the quick cut trigger jukes. I felt like they gave you so many more options and control when running. Every now and again I'll pop in 09 on PS2 and just play Spring Drills and run the option drill. For any of you who still have a PS2 laying around I reccommend dropping 5 bucks on NCAA 07-11 and doing the rushing and option attack drills with those jukes. Those quick jukes are awesome, and a ton of fun to combo jukes with. I also like the risk involved in timing them. Back then if you miss timed a quick cut you would get de-cleated and possibly fumble. I guess what I'm trying to say is I miss how dynamic the user controlled running was with that option. It makes me sad that it's 2013 and the running game is worse than it was 6 years ago. I really hope this is the year we get it back!

R2- pitch
L2- Stiff Arm.... you had to tap it once to switch carry hand.(more user awareness)
L1/R1- quick juke..... I miss that.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Hard to say what I miss the most, but just to add....from a presentation standpoint, I miss the dynamic crowd. I recently popped in '09 and it was a real nice touch to see the crowd thin out in the 4th quarter during a blowout and not being able to pump up the crowd at home if you were losing badly.
Yeah that was really awesome.

There were so many great things that had added levels of realism that they took out for whatever reason.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #24
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yes definitely need dynamic weather. One of my favorite games is F1 2010 and it's awesome to be playing on it and start a race in the sun and dry conditions and have it raining by the end of the race. Definitely a great level of realism.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »