Home

Is NCAA14 getting M25s New Audible System?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA14 getting M25s New Audible System? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is NCAA14 getting M25s New Audible System?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
so if you have 9 formations with 11 personnel and you have 11 personnel on the field when you no-huddle, you will only have access to the formations with 11 personnel and not the entire playbook. but you will be able to pick from any play within those formations and have your own customizable formation specific audibles.

while its not as good as i thought it was, imo its still an improvement on what we have because it reducing shift cheesing like shifting from sg-spread to ace-big. another plus imo is that it makes find formations alot easier and thus finding the play you want alot faster because it doesnt show every formation in your playbook; just the for the personnel grouping you have on the field.

so in the end i still say this new audible system is an improvement over what we currently have and i hope its in ncaa14.
So that example sounds to me like if you run a no huddle offense, you'd only have 28 plays available to call, while in NCAA '13 I'd have 135 choices with those 9 formations. I'm sure I must be misunderstanding something.

Wherever the disconnect lies, I've seen from the gameplay video that running my no huddle offense should still be intact. I should still have access to all of my plays (note the scroll bar on the right and the left/right arrows on the top), but only from the correct personnel. It looks to me like the no huddle is the same as '13, but only now you can't change personnel.
Attached Images
File Type: png personnel based no huddle.PNG (242.2 KB, 93 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
In NCAA several teams run their entire offenses out of the no-huddle, in the NFL this pretty much only happens when time is a factor. You're confusing no-huddle offenses with the no-huddle, which is also referred to as the hurry-up. According to the article in the past you'd only have 5 preset options, this allowed you to set 4 Verticals as an audible and audible to it even when you didn't have the personnel to do so (and thus had no business being able to audible into it).

The Key word here is Audible, don't worry about the no-huddle/hurry-up in the description just focus on audible. If you read the My Maddenpad article you'll get a better explanation of when the system would come in handy. Basically in real life you can walk to the line see a defense you don't like or one that you could easily take advantage of, in the past if you saw this your only option was to choose 1 of 5 plays and hopefully they could take advantage of that scenario. Now you can choose from several plays in your playbook based on your personnel and the situation instead of the same 5.

right, so when you press X to audible at the LOS (where b4 you would have just the 5 global audibles) under the new system youd have access to every formation that had the same personnel you are currently in correct? then you also have the customizable formation audibles you set to go with that right?

i think thats how i originally understood it and why i was so excited for it, but now im confused again.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 06-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
So that example sounds to me like if you run a no huddle offense, you'd only have 28 plays available to call, while in NCAA '13 I'd have 135 choices with those 9 formations. I'm sure I must be misunderstanding something.

Wherever the disconnect lies, I've seen from the gameplay video that running my no huddle offense should still be intact. I should still have access to all of my plays (note the scroll bar on the right and the left/right arrows on the top), but only from the correct personnel. It looks to me like the no huddle is the same as '13, but only now you can't change personnel.
FORGET ABOUT THE NO HUDDLE!

This is purely about audibles, in NCAA if you call a play then you can audible out of it at the line (just like in previous versions of Madden), but you are very limited in what you can call.

In this situation you would be able to open up your playbook and call a play from there once you are already at the line. In the NFL teams only run the no huddle offense for brief stretches of game in college there are scores of teams who run their offensive almost exclusively out of the no huddle. So the no huddle concept that you are getting hung up on isn't even the same in the two games.

This is like you running the no huddle offense in NCAA but you see something in the Defense that you know you could take advantage of with a different play so you audible into that play. In past versions of Madden (and NCAA) you would only be able to select from a limited number of options that are preset heading into the game, and can often be incompatible with your personnel. Now you will be able to open the playbook up and choose any play in it. Like you can in real life

That whole point about now you're Peyton Manning is directly referring to the fact that Peyton will consistently audible in and out of plays based on what the defense is doing. In real life he is audibling to plays in the playbook based upon what he has out on the field. Its not like they go out there with only 5 predetermined audibles.

Quote:
right, so when you press X to audible at the LOS (where b4 you would have just the 5 global audibles) under the new system youd have access to every formation that had the same personnel you are currently in correct? then you also have the customizable formation audibles you set to go with that right?

i think thats how i originally understood it and why i was so excited for it, but now im confused again.
From what I am reading you only have the options available in the playbook, you won't be able to select preset ones without looking (this will simulate real situations where you have to call out the new play)
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
I guess I do not understand the problem here. Currently you can audible to any formation, but your personnel on the field stays the same as what you broke the huddle with. This could put you at an advantage or disadvantage, why go from a 5 wide to 2 tight, and ask your WRs to block??

Are the changes just limiting you to what plays are available for the personnel and taking away the above example? Sometimes I want to audible from 4 wide to 5 wide, placing my HB in the slot (especially when a slow MLB will be covering him in man), If this is taken away from me, I will be seriously upset. If not, I don't see the big deal.
Cant you just motion right or left with your RB and move him to line up with WR's?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #13
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
FORGET ABOUT THE NO HUDDLE!

This is purely about audibles, in NCAA if you call a play then you can audible out of it at the line (just like in previous versions of Madden), but you are very limited in what you can call.

In this situation you would be able to open up your playbook and call a play from there once you are already at the line. In the NFL teams only run the no huddle offense for brief stretches of game in college there are scores of teams who run their offensive almost exclusively out of the no huddle. So the no huddle concept that you are getting hung up on isn't even the same in the two games.

This is like you running the no huddle offense in NCAA but you see something in the Defense that you know you could take advantage of with a different play so you audible into that play. In past versions of Madden (and NCAA) you would only be able to select from a limited number of options that are preset heading into the game, and can often be incompatible with your personnel. Now you will be able to open the playbook up and choose any play in it. Like you can in real life

That whole point about now you're Peyton Manning is directly referring to the fact that Peyton will consistently audible in and out of plays based on what the defense is doing. In real life he is audibling to plays in the playbook based upon what he has out on the field. Its not like they go out there with only 5 predetermined audibles.

--------------------------

From what I am reading you only have the options available in the playbook, you won't be able to select preset ones without looking (this will simulate real situations where you have to call out the new play)
so now that all that is sorted out, is this updated audible system in ncaa14?

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
so now that all that is sorted out, is this updated audible system in ncaa14?
No idea. lol.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »