Home

Polynesian Recruits

This is a discussion on Polynesian Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Polynesian Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I actually agree with you, but if I worked at EA, I would think hard and long about the "worst case". Today's society is too childish about stuff like this and some moron would cry foul, saying it was racist, would file some lawsuit and then it's a big mess.....

The safe play from a business perspective is not to invite this sort of posturing. This is also why player race for recruits is randomly generated, irrespective of position, name, size, etc.
Yah I guess I understand it from that point of view. Just sucks that it has to be that way because it really takes away from the realism of the game.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

I dislike the fact that they haven't changed the faces since the first 360 version, wasn't there supposed to be like 40 or 80 new additions last year??

and they all look like grown *** men in their 40s that already weigh 230-340lbs, not 18 year olds who are about to gain muscle from a college conditioning program
Old 06-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm playing a Dynasty with Utah State, a team that typically has a lot of American Samoans or Polynesians. I find myself renaming any kid I sign out of Hawaii and one or two from Utah usually as well. I rename about 5 players total from each class.

Here is a great name I used on a RB of mine. Soloman Onakea

He was a 3-Star power back from Hawaii 6'1" 218lbs and medium skinned originally named Antonio Kiniry.

currently #2 RB (72 OVR) and getting some snaps at fullback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
Rookie

They Call Me Cash's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
I dislike the fact that they haven't changed the faces since the first 360 version, wasn't there supposed to be like 40 or 80 new additions last year??

and they all look like grown *** men in their 40s that already weigh 230-340lbs, not 18 year olds who are about to gain muscle from a college conditioning program
Agree 1000%

You know what else irks me, those Samoan lineman this thread is about can't have that long hair like Polamalu and none of the white/other guys can have long hair either...and everyone's dreads cover their name on their jersey.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 38
CH2k8 did this really well.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
CH2k8 did this really well.
Care to elaborate?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
International recruits had looks and names that were appropriate for where they were from. The pool was pretty large in relation to the rest as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
International recruits had looks and names that were appropriate for where they were from. The pool was pretty large in relation to the rest as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
This and they had a diverse group of names for them. The only thing they did wrong was too many 7 footers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »