Home

looking for a lab partner who knows football

This is a discussion on looking for a lab partner who knows football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #9
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: looking for a lab partner who knows football

Quote:
Originally Posted by merio1992
I dont want to play a football game and not understand completely what i am doing i want to understand Straight Simulation Football I'm willing to learn but i know football can be complex to A Beginner's eye i'm willing to learn
Like another poster pointed out: This game will not teach you real football fundamentals. Sure, this game has aspects of football such as formations and common play concepts, but it lacks in the execution of the dynamics. For instance, CB play in this game involves only on one technique - the trail technique. This technique is really only appropriate in a Cover 2 shell in real life, but is employed on a variety of situations including cover zero in this game. There is always exceptions to the rule, but this is just a general example. A big one is the lack of gap assignment on defense; It's just a bunch of guys running up field in a predetermined direction. In reality, players are assigned gaps starting from the center and must account for these gaps based on the formation front.

If you have no experience of organized football other than NCAA, what I said probably won't mean much to you, so I would google football basics to get you started. There are alot of college coordinators out there now that have never actually played the game of football, so I can safely say it isn't impossible to learn this game through reading and watching - it'll just take longer.

Best of luck.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: looking for a lab partner who knows football

The best way to learn is to find a style of play that you enjoy and can execute properly. Always practice, learn the AI, and try to learn to spot man and zone coverage.

Inferring that you're relatively new to Ncaa, always learn from your opponents. Note what they are doing at all times, and through hours of gameplay you will see your skill begin to improve
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »