Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #73
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Thanks, fellas. These responses are super helpful. The ND footage was a good indication of what they've done with the pocket. The 2nd play shows the RDE dipping his shoulder and getting past the RT much more realistically than the patty-cake BS of yesteryear.

You can also see that the edge rush and pocket have a push/depth to it that is much more realistic. It makes me realize how bad previous games were in this regard.

I'll tip my hat to EA on this one. The game looks good.

Final question about this: does the game play and look the same on PS3 as XBOX 360? I've typically played 360 games but mine broke and I got a PS3 to play The Show.
I've played NCAA 11-13 on the PS3 and the games look fine. The 360 might have a slight edge in graphics, but nothing really extreme. As far as gameplay, they are identical. The big difference being the controller, although I find I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 due to having played football games on the PS and PS2.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm glad others agree about the unrealistic montage - it's just laziness honestly. When FIFA did it, I threw a fit - and was surprised noone else felt the same way. Like we've said, for a company that has ESPN imprinted in the game - why not take advantage of all those statistics, or impact players - etc. Use one of the features of this year's game and turn it into a statistic or something.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #75
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

NBA does the montage too, I am fine with it but I know most aren't but hey NBA success looked good to EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #76
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
watch the defender covering the slot receiver on the left side. Ball is snapped he literally runs to where he is assigned to go, turns, then never moves. QB hadn't even stepped forward by then. Receiver runs past a LB in the middle and that defender that was originally on the slot never moves an inch to attempt to cover him. If the DE didn't put pressure on the QB that's an easy 40+ yard gain.
Looks to me like the one LB was following him until the QB got hit and moved up toward the line and to the right, then he backed off and moved with the QB in case of a scramble.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #77
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
watch the defender covering the slot receiver on the left side. Ball is snapped he literally runs to where he is assigned to go, turns, then never moves. QB hadn't even stepped forward by then. Receiver runs past a LB in the middle and that defender that was originally on the slot never moves an inch to attempt to cover him. If the DE didn't put pressure on the QB that's an easy 40+ yard gain.
My only question is what difficulty was this being played on? I know the Miami/UGA guy was on varsity so maybe that could explain why that CB let the guy go right by.

Your observations are correct though, and it is something I would def worry about if the game is being played on AA or Heisman

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #78
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I've played NCAA 11-13 on the PS3 and the games look fine. The 360 might have a slight edge in graphics, but nothing really extreme. As far as gameplay, they are identical. The big difference being the controller, although I find I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 due to having played football games on the PS and PS2.
I have to respectfully disagree.

I am an original PS3 owner, upgraded to a slim when the first slims came out. Love my PS3 to death, but I bought a 360 a couple years ago just to play EA sports games on it. NCAA 11 looked great on the PS3, that was the last year they did it right ,since then 12 and 13 have been huge steps back. Both years I have bought both (offline dynasty on 360, online dynasty on PS3) and I have them both running at the same time and I will switch back and forth and show people the difference. It's substantial. You won't just see it in a screenshot, you have to be playing it. Maybe its my specific LCD, who knows, but for me, on my TV, if I was just going for graphics the 360 version wins by a landslide.

That being said, this video (Miami UGA) is on the PS3 and looks great, so maybe they did better work this year.

Also, to the poster who asked about the two systems, I also find less cheesers in ranked matches on he PS3. I just think the Live community is more about win at all costs than the PS3 community. However, if you want the smoothest graphics, fastest loading, quickest menus, etc, 360 is the hands down winner. I am not happy about it, but it is a reality I have learned to live with.

As DJ said though, gameplay is the same.

This of course is just my opinion based on my hands on experiences over the last 3 years.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #79
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
My only question is what difficulty was this being played on? I know the Miami/UGA guy was on varsity so maybe that could explain why that CB let the guy go right by.

Your observations are correct though, and it is something I would def worry about if the game is being played on AA or Heisman
that's the only possible explanation I can have for it. That it's on varsity so the AI is just that dumb because if that's the way they play on AA & Heisman... yikes.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #80
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
that's the only possible explanation I can have for it. That it's on varsity so the AI is just that dumb because if that's the way they play on AA & Heisman... yikes.
You definitely have a right to be concerned, that would suck if this is an issue. But I did hear from a couple of guys that the safties cover much better than last year.

I know a lot of guys were just playing on the default level, which is Varsity, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »