Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #81
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytay10
I am working on a system based off of the one you created that will run during the season also. It won't be just a cut or no cut system, but will suspend players for a certain number of games as well. This could be huge in the championship race as well as the awards races. If you had a guy lined up to be a finalist for an award and he gets suspended for a few weeks and drops out that will hurt the coach as well because he won't get the points he normally would for having an award finalist. I know this would be a lot more manual work during the season, but I am up for that.
How are you doing that? The violations system described by Timeetyo completely removes a player from the roster by editing down their ratings. Are you going to edit down ratings and then edit them back up when their suspension is over? Sounds like a lot of work...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
i know you're basing this on the OVR of the team which Oregon St got absolutely screwed over on, but they should be in the Elite tier over Utah
Yeah I am aware that there are a few schools where this happened to, but it all works out in the end. In my year 1 Oregon St won their conference so they are now moving up to play with the big boys. What I've seen in the past with a similar system is that the first few seasons are the most volatile until after the EA generated rosters graduate. After that things settle in nicely.

Year 1 went as planned with no major weirdness. Ohio State ran the table and won the NCG at 14-0 over a 2 loss USC. I had to laugh as USC went into the CCG week at #4 vs #3 Oregon while Bama (also 2 losses) was sitting at #2. The win over #3 Oregon pushed USC just bast Bama and they were on the outside looking in for once.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Yeah I am aware that there are a few schools where this happened to, but it all works out in the end. In my year 1 Oregon St won their conference so they are now moving up to play with the big boys. What I've seen in the past with a similar system is that the first few seasons are the most volatile until after the EA generated rosters graduate. After that things settle in nicely.

Year 1 went as planned with no major weirdness. Ohio State ran the table and won the NCG at 14-0 over a 2 loss USC. I had to laugh as USC went into the CCG week at #4 vs #3 Oregon while Bama (also 2 losses) was sitting at #2. The win over #3 Oregon pushed USC just bast Bama and they were on the outside looking in for once.
So do this work best with what EA has put up as far as rosters or will you wait for the actual rosters to come out also? I have been having a blast just getting things created and ready to go... So when the rosters do come out with a good slider set I can be off and running...
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
So do this work best with what EA has put up as far as rosters or will you wait for the actual rosters to come out also? I have been having a blast just getting things created and ready to go... So when the rosters do come out with a good slider set I can be off and running...
I don't bother to wait as typically the worst of the EA roster weirdness usually seems to hit in year 2. After that it gets much better and is totally gone by year 5. Since I'm impatient I don't bother to wait as by the time the rosters come out I'm usually past that point (or close to it) anyways.

It also is easier for me to do it as I am playing with 1* teams to start that I have 0 attachment to. It doesn't bother me that the random name on my GA State HB isn't right because I have no clue what the right name is. I think it would bother me more if I picked up a team I know well and I'd be forced to go in and edit or wait.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #85
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre
How are you doing that? The violations system described by Timeetyo completely removes a player from the roster by editing down their ratings. Are you going to edit down ratings and then edit them back up when their suspension is over? Sounds like a lot of work...
So to be honest I hadn't thought about that part as much as I did the spreadsheet. I made the tweaks I wanted to it and have that part how I like it. Now to find a good way, in game, to actually have the suspensions happen.

It will definitely be some work, but the way I see it is it just replaces the time I used to spend on recruiting. I have it setup to be anywhere from a 1-6 week suspension or even getting cut. I like that part of it enough that I am willing to take the extra time in game. My wife laughed at me already so I can handle it from you guys too if you want to laugh.

Update: I was just checking and if you take one of the position specific attributes all the way to 0 it drops their overall pretty low. Now I just need to make sure that if I do that the CPU will actually adjust the depth chart accordingly. I figure another tab in my workbook can be the Team, Player, Week they are back, and What attribute was dropped and what it was originally.

Update: Well it looks like even if you drop them down in ratings they will still remain in their spot on the depth chart. That is disappointing. I am not sure if there is a way to do what I am trying to or not.

Last edited by jaytay10; 07-11-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytay10
So to be honest I hadn't thought about that part as much as I did the spreadsheet. I made the tweaks I wanted to it and have that part how I like it. Now to find a good way, in game, to actually have the suspensions happen.

It will definitely be some work, but the way I see it is it just replaces the time I used to spend on recruiting. I have it setup to be anywhere from a 1-6 week suspension or even getting cut. I like that part of it enough that I am willing to take the extra time in game. My wife laughed at me already so I can handle it from you guys too if you want to laugh.

Update: I was just checking and if you take one of the position specific attributes all the way to 0 it drops their overall pretty low. Now I just need to make sure that if I do that the CPU will actually adjust the depth chart accordingly. I figure another tab in my workbook can be the Team, Player, Week they are back, and What attribute was dropped and what it was originally.

Update: Well it looks like even if you drop them down in ratings they will still remain in their spot on the depth chart. That is disappointing. I am not sure if there is a way to do what I am trying to or not.
What would happen if you dropped injury to 0 and let nature take its course?

Old 07-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #87
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
What would happen if you dropped injury to 0 and let nature take its course?
I will have to test that. I did find there is away around the CPU depth charts, but it requires you to create a new coach and take over the school. The new coach starts over at 0 with all the skills. So that sorta sucks. I like the idea of the injury slider at 0. I will see what happens.

I was really hoping to have a system to use during the season along with yours. I will attach the link to what I was doing. It was just another tab on the workbook you already setup. One other thing I did was added the RND for each player. I was testing to see if I liked that better or not. One big roll the original way and it was sure to hit 2-3 players per team. If each player has their own RND it would be more random I think. Not sure which way I like better yet.

You will see the new tab I created and everything on there should make sense to you, but if not let me know. I really like the system on that tab, but making it happen in game is tough.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing

Update: Another thought I had is if they were penalized with a rating drop in the off-season they might lose their spot on the depth chart. If that was the case I could work with that too. The thing to check is if a start goes from #1 to #4 because of a suspension after the set number of weeks and his rating go back up will he then move up the depth chart? I know they weren't bumpbed down mid-season, but up might be different.

Last edited by jaytay10; 07-12-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #88
Rookie

End of year 2 saw some craziness at the top. We went into the last few weeks with 4 undefeated teams (1 in each top tier), but Alabama fell in its final game of the season. This left Ohio State, Texas, and Oregon all undefeated (and won their conf champs). Oregon was the odd man out and it was Texas over Ohio State for the NCG. Keep in mind Braxton won the Heisman and Ohio State ran the table the prior year - so that loss ended a 39 game win streak. Yikes EA loves Braxton...

Good news for me, I was able to escape the cellar of independents after a 9-4 season and bowl loss to Marshall (I don't want to talk about it - 6 turnovers...). Now I get to play in a real conference so it should get more interesting.

And - for those keeping score at home - the highest 2nd tier team was #11 ECU who just had a 1 loss season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »