Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #89
Rookie

genac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

I had a rudimentary relegation system for NCAA 13, and I'm just amazed at how awesome yours is. Thanks a ton for this.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #90
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

Season One Relegation/Promotion recap

Spoiler
Chelsea FC

Last edited by weeeeeeez; 07-13-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ugh - I just had a disasterous first game of year 3. I'm running Ga State with flexbone and I managed to not only blow a lead in the 4th quarter, but I got not only my 1st but also my 2nd string QB each hurt for 4 weeks. It's a really good thing I have been going hard after QBs and my 3rd string although not is fast is still serviceable (dropoff from 1st to 2nd is negligible). If I lose another I may be forced to remove a redshirt. Oh well, thankfully I've got a bye next week and we aren't into conference play yet.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 0

First of all what an amazing tool you have put together, kudos. I have done my own version of relegation in the past but your guidelines are much stronger than mine.

One thing that I also add is what I like to call "Forced Transfers". This allows me to simply force a transfer of a player that I still want to see in the game but that player needs to be cut to make room for bigger and better. I.E. Alabama's way of over signing but I at least find them another school! I simply take note of all of that players information and re-create that player on another team that has a need at that players position. I also maintain the players class giving him immediate eligibility at the new school.

An example might be for the 2014 season I might send Dennis Norfleet to EMU to make room for another recruit. This way Norfleet fills a need for a team that could rarely get that recruit and Michigan is allowed to strengthen their roster. I usually control four teams in my dynasty so I usually see 8-15 forced transfers per year.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #93
Rookie

BoilerBaller4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
To clarify on the timing here:
- I do the roll right after the bowls run and mark down the impacted teams (based on EOY rankings)
- I do the update after graduation / underclassmen leave for draft (no sense removing someone who is leaving anyways) and after the new recruits are finalized.

I'll update this in a bit exactly what week it is (doing this from memory from work...) that I found is best.
I'm not seeing where I'd be able to edit rosters during the offseason in '14. After the first season, I edited the rosters prior to week one, but noticed that the CPU kept starters that were impacted by violations as 1st on the depth chart. I simulated halfway through the second season to see if the CPU still had them listed as 1st on the depth chart, and sure enough they did.

Just curious as to how anyone in this thread is implementing the violations w/o having starters for top ranked teams being rated in the 60s. Maybe stamina to 0?

Last edited by BoilerBaller4; 07-14-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #94
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerBaller4
I'm not seeing where I'd be able to edit rosters during the offseason in '14. After the first season, I edited the rosters prior to week one, but noticed that the CPU kept starters that were impacted by violations as 1st on the depth chart. I simulated halfway through the second season to see if the CPU still had them listed as 1st on the depth chart, and sure enough they did.

Just curious as to how anyone in this thread is implementing the violations w/o having starters for top ranked teams being rated in the 60s. Maybe stamina to 0?
The original violations system called for the player to be cut from the team completely. I tried modifying it a bit with suspensions but because the CPU depth chart is not dynamic it isn't working as I had hoped. Even dropping the stamina to 0 seemed to have no affect on the playing time in simmed games.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #95
Rookie

BoilerBaller4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytay10
The original violations system called for the player to be cut from the team completely. I tried modifying it a bit with suspensions but because the CPU depth chart is not dynamic it isn't working as I had hoped. Even dropping the stamina to 0 seemed to have no affect on the playing time in simmed games.
Thanks for the reply. So roll and edit after bowl season but before beginning the offseason to get the CPU players cut from the team. Got it.

Last edited by BoilerBaller4; 07-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 5

Year 3 recap:

My first year in the sun belt was pretty successful. I ended 8-4 and just missed the conf championship game on a simmed loss in the last game of the season. Oh well, there is a goal there for next year. Oddly enough at 8-4 I somehow didn't get a bowl invite. I'm guessing the sun belt doesn't have many bowl tie ins and that came back to bite me.

At the top there was some real interesting BCS craziness going on. Texas was undefeated (I know, I know...) so they were in the NCG but the second slot went to a 3 loss USC team. There was Texas undefeated and 5(!) 3 loss teams which included the other top tier conf champions. Needless to say if that was RL the interwebz would have been all sorts of crazy as 3 loss BAMA (2nd time screwed in 3 seasons and 3 loss Ohio State (won 1st, runner up in 2nd NCG) were left out. I was very glad to see the system worked like a charm as even an undefeated tier 2 team just cracked to top 10 (12-0 Boise was #10) before the bowls. If that happened with normal conferences Boise would've been in the NCG as well. Texas did finish off USC and ended 14-0.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »