Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Looks interesting, might try something similar for my set up although I might replace some schools with FCS (Montana/Montana State and maybe a couple others) or created TB school out west so that Minnesota, Nebraska, and Kansas are not out West...just can not separate Wisconsin-Minnesota in regions.

Kansas should be in the region with Texas as should Nebraska.
Yeah - I have thought about replacing some SE schools with more out west to help balance it out. Minnesota is bothering me a bit and i'm considering just adding them to another region and leaving it unbalanced. I could also split some of the states (like western tx schools), but I hate to split up states.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #10
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Yea this is sexy lol def doing this

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
Rookie

One piece I forgot to add that is a fun twist for my dynasties - and that is my own system for NCAA violations. I do this mostly as a fun twist to randomly punish the top 25 but it also has some fun twists in that a bad roll can really gut a top team if it takes out a key player. I can't describe the feeling I had when it cost me my starting QB in a year when I was expecting to make a push for my first national championship (and failed). I only do this for the top 25 as I get the best bang for the buck that way. So here is how it works:

• I have an excel spreadsheet setup to use random to make rolls for each of the top 25 teams (RND column).

• Based on this RND, it determines if a team is impacted, and if so, how many players.

• I have easily changeable tiers for players 1-5 so I can tweak if I want more or less teams to be impacted – and more or less players.

• My current setup is 70% (1-70) are not impacted; 10% lose 1 player (71-80); 10% lose 2 players (81-90); 3% lose 3 players (91-93); 3% lose 4 players (93-96); 4% lose 5 players (97-100).

• There is then a roll for each player to see what position is affected (WR & CB are in 2x, K&P are combined).

• Next is a roll on depth (1-3) with 1 being the starter. If a 3 is rolled and a team only has 2 at a position I impact the 2nd stringer. If the same position gets hit for the same depth slot – I’ll take the next best equivalent (see below example).

• If it is a player on my team – I just cut them at the appropriate stage in the offseason. For other teams, since we can’t cut I essentially replace them with a walk-on. This means editing down key ratings to make them 60ish overall. The key here is to edit them across the board, not just cutting speed / THP/THA, etc. I did this one year and team ended up playing a RB with 20 speed. Oops…it was ugly.

Below is what this looks like for a given year. Here are some observations from this particular roll:

• 2nd team is gutted. They lose their starting QB, LE, & RE. Then they lose their backup RE and their 2nd best kicker or punter. Ouch!!!

• 4th team loses their 3rd QB (oh well unless he’s a stud freshman). Then there is the dilemma of what to do at LT. They lose their 2nd LT (easy) and need to lose one more. If they had 3 LTs, I’d take their 3rd LT as well. If not – I’d take their 2nd RT (next closest equivalent).

• 9 of 25 teams are impacted losing a total of 22 players are impacted

Edit and update:
Thanks to MRE and a few others questions and great feedback, I have added a few new tabs which include:
- A calculator for you to change the number of teams used and thresholds to get an idea of on average how many teams and players will be impacted.
- A new tab showing all 126 teams for those who want to have the potential to impact those outside the top 25
- A new 1-70 OVR roll to determine which players is impacted. Instead of rolling QB #2, this rolls player number 19. Just sort the team by OVR and nuke the 19th player down. This helps make it more fair what positions are impacted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Violations.jpg (206.9 KB, 1384 views)

Last edited by Timeetyo; 07-05-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added a second tab to do all 126 teams and 1-70 scale - thx MRE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

First u showed some real cool custom conferences but now you're talking about how to 'randomly punish the top 25' by cutting random players from the teams? Now you lost me..
Old 06-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #13
Rookie

It doesn't have to do with my relegation system - but its something I also do in my franchise and thought I'd share is it has been lots of fun.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
My head is spinning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Your whole setup has me very interested in the whole thing. I really like how you bring an "NCAA Violations" element back to the game. One Question......Do you need to control all the teams to make the cuts needed to have this work?

Sorry didn't read the entire paragraph.....LOL!! I understand it now

Last edited by shopejay; 06-16-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Didnt read far enough for my answer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #16
Rookie

JDakathebest's Arena

OVR: 0

I was just wondering if there was a powerpoint file for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »