Home

Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

This is a discussion on Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #49
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Timeetyo’s NCAA 14 Relegation System

I will be using your relegation start up somewhat although this will be the Dynasty I'll be doing for fun and not exporting to Madden so I'm going to put in some non-real TB teams I created for this to even out the regions a bit better and put some teams in some other states that dont have them.

Thanks for the beginning template idea though.

I'm going to have to have the following:

Big 12 West/East (or Central) and Big 10 (North/South) as my big leagues.
PAC - CUSA - AAC - SEC
MWC - SUN - MAC - ACC
INDY W - C - NE - SE

The top 2 tiers will have 12 teams per league with winners both moving up (which means bottom in each division of top tier will move down)

3rd tier will have only 10 teams and no conference championship.

Top overall Indy (which will have 14 teams with the 3rd tier only have 10) moves into appropriate 3rd tier.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 07-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #50
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

I tested out the violations and in some situations it seems that it might be slightly biased toward certain positions. Even with multiple seeds for some positions (i.e. 2 WR seeds), a team with 9 WRs and 1 LT, that LT has a higher probabilistic chance of incurring a violation than a specific WR, due to the total number of WRs (although with the violation system originally described, WRs 4-9 on the depth chart would not be affected anyway).

Generating a random number (1-70) might be more fair, each number corresponding to a player on the team's roster, ordered by OVR.

Either way, I love all the work you've put into it. Very, very, very cool.

Last edited by mre; 07-02-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre
I tested out the violations and in some situations it seems that it might be slightly biased toward certain positions. Even with multiple seeds for some positions (i.e. 2 WR seeds), a team with 9 WRs and 1 LT, that LT has a higher probabilistic chance of incurring a violation than a specific WR, due to the total number of WRs (although with the violation system originally described, WRs 4-9 on the depth chart would not be affected anyway).

Generating a random number (1-70) might be more fair, each number corresponding to a player on the team's roster, ordered by OVR.

Either way, I love all the work you've put into it. Very, very, very cool.
don't know why I didn't think of that. I'm away from computer for a few days but I'll add a tab that works like that on Monday.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre

What about maybe making the first WR on the position list as WR 1-4 and the second WR 5-8 and maybe instead of 1 through 3 on the depth roll make it 1 through 4?? Also maybe eliminating the 2nd DT also?? There are a lot of positions that have more than 3 players on the roster. The 2 CB's could also be done this way too...
Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #53
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

How would you go about cutting players from CPU controlled teams, or do you user control all 126 teams?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 4

I really like this idea and will be using this for my Dynasty this year. Although I suck at spreadsheets so for the violations, I'll probably just have to use yours :P
Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #55
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
How would you go about cutting players from CPU controlled teams, or do you user control all 126 teams?
Basically, since you can edit any team's rosters, you can replace an existing player with a "walk-on" by editing down their stats.

I made a spreadsheet based off of Timeetyo's that calculates violations on a 1-70 scale, but this is his thread, so I won't post it, since it's not an official part of his system and I don't want to confuse anyone by increasing the number of spreadsheets posted here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #56
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

It's probably too much to ask, but a tutorial on how to set up and use the violation system spreadsheet would be extremely helpful for people like me who currently don't know how to work spreadsheets well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »