Home

New NCAA game poll

This is a discussion on New NCAA game poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: When do you think we will get a new NCAA Football video game?
2020 0 0%
2021 12 21.82%
2022 12 21.82%
2023 or later 21 38.18%
Never 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2020, 07:59 AM   #1
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4
New NCAA game poll

When do you think we will get a new NCAA Football video game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New NCAA game poll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2020, 05:11 PM   #3
Rookie

pitsch911's Arena

OVR: 0

The law passed does not go into effect until 2023, NCAA will need to fight aspects of it, the NCAA will need to fight players that try to unionize, Then a company will need to work with the NCAA, the conferences and each player (NCAA said no union by players will ever be accepted). This will take years. Plus the fact that only EA has models built on the new generation of systems built so everyone else will have to play catch up, 2k is the only other company I see having the cash to do this.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitsch911
The law passed does not go into effect until 2023, NCAA will need to fight aspects of it, the NCAA will need to fight players that try to unionize, Then a company will need to work with the NCAA, the conferences and each player (NCAA said no union by players will ever be accepted). This will take years. Plus the fact that only EA has models built on the new generation of systems built so everyone else will have to play catch up, 2k is the only other company I see having the cash to do this.
Are you referencing the California law? The NCAA could render that law irrelevant prior to that.

They could port gameplay from Madden and then code recruiting, stadiums, uniforms etc.

I'd say it depends on when the NCAA makes the decision and how many developers EA decides to put on the project. NCAA made the preliminary decision in November 2019. They should have the final framework sometime in 2020. I could see a new game by fall of 2021.

It all hinges on the NCAA providing a lawsuit proof path forward. EA won't touch the game unless and until that happens.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Are you referencing the California law? The NCAA could render that law irrelevant prior to that.

They could port gameplay from Madden and then code recruiting, stadiums, uniforms etc.

I'd say it depends on when the NCAA makes the decision and how many developers EA decides to put on the project. NCAA made the preliminary decision in November 2019. They should have the final framework sometime in 2020. I could see a new game by fall of 2021.

It all hinges on the NCAA providing a lawsuit proof path forward. EA won't touch the game unless and until that happens.

if they take the same madden gameplay then im not playing it. the whole purpose of wanting a new game is to save us from this bull**** madden keeps trying to give us. it sucks to say, but if it takes until 2024 or 2025 to get something new and refreshing then that’s what it’s gonna take.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2020, 09:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darianj22
if they take the same madden gameplay then im not playing it. the whole purpose of wanting a new game is to save us from this bull**** madden keeps trying to give us. it sucks to say, but if it takes until 2024 or 2025 to get something new and refreshing then that’s what it’s gonna take.

Yep. Madden has become such a janky feeling game, I just can't get into the modern EA football engine. NCAA14 is legitimately superior in the animation and gameplay department.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darianj22

I haven't played Madden in several years. My impression was the NCAA game and the Madden game had similar gameplay. Most likely an NCAA game at least will use some of the Madden code as a base to build on.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
Rookie

pitsch911's Arena

This is one of my fears as well. Madden as slowly turned into a game I do not play much. I think those same features have become lackluster. I great story line or RTG is 100% needed in NCAA. A coach RTG would be awesome as well. Personally I do not care if the real players are in the game, I play mostly franchise so after 2-3 years all the real payers are gone. What I want is a deep recruitment, more realistic scheduling, sanctions, CPU conference re alignments and invites, maybe even some sort of school/facilities upgrade features that will change menus, FCS schools and such. With the NCAA, there is so much that can be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »