Home

Dynasty question

This is a discussion on Dynasty question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Dynasty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Will we be able to edit the ratings and rosters as a whole during dynasty play (specifically offline)?
You could last year and I can't imagine they'd take it away.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for answering my questions guys.
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0

I can't start threads and my question is technically also a dynasty question.

Playing as the Lobos year 2 of my dynasty in 13.

My star offensive player is a QB who is a converted ATH with 81 SPD he also throws decently. He has 89 SPD and is my top rusher.

I have basically one decent WR rated 81 and then others rated in the mid 70's.

I have been running Baylor's offense to take advantage of my QB's speed. He routinely takes off for large gains.

However for some reason I find I recruit best at TE. I have 2 TE's rated over 80 (both sophomores) and a FB who I switched from TE who is rated over 80 and a sophomore.

My HB is rated 84 with 89 speed pretty middle of the road.

This is my issue.

I got a monster FR Receiving TE. 77 Overall but he's 6'8 85 Catch rating, 83 Spectacular catch rating, 77 Catch In Traffic, 80 Route Running, but only 82 speed.

I had the option during change position phase to move him to WR and he would have went up to 79 overall. I decided to just keep him at TE.

I typically recruit for speed because I like home run passing plays rather than a guy getting caught from behind.

However, given the strengths of my TE's, FB, and HB, it seems like I might do better in some other offense that takes advantage of TE's, FB's, and HB's rather than just QB running and go routes.

So sorry for all of that info but here it is: I am using Baylor's offense. Is there an offense I can use that will let my QB still take off and be a big rushing threat but also get my good TE's, FB, HB more involved? Would Michigan be a better fit? Any suggestions?

Also since I have 4 good TE's should I move this TE who is my best receiver to WR on the depth chart even though he's slow just to keep the ball moving?

Sorry for making this post somewhat OT but I just joined today to ask this question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #12
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know what exact playbook, but the pistol sounds like a good bet for you. What team are you using?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

@fanlobos
I think your best bet would be to take the time to make a custom playbook, that way you can have multiple sets that cater to all facets of your offense. You said you have multiple TEs that are serviceable, work in some double TE sets to take advantage of that. Slower RB with a decent FB? Work in some I-form so you can go to the ground game without the speed of your HB being a hindrance. Sprinkle in some shotgun QB runs and options to take advantage of his speed.

A second advantage that a custom playbook has is that if you make it, you should have a better understanding of your playbook inside and out.

Also, because the playbook is custom, it can evolve with your offense, you don't have to be locked in with the plays that you currently have.

Last edited by Go Blue 26; 06-25-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 26
@fanlobos
I think your best bet would be to take the time to make a custom playbook, that way you can have multiple sets that cater to all facets of your offense. You said you have multiple TEs that are serviceable, work in some double TE sets to take advantage of that. Slower RB with a decent FB? Work in some I-form so you can go to the ground game without the speed of your HB being a hindrance. Sprinkle in some shotgun QB runs and options to take advantage of his speed.

A second advantage that a custom playbook has is that if you make it, you should have a better understanding of your playbook inside and out.

Also, because the playbook is custom, it can evolve with your offense, you don't have to be locked in with the plays that you currently have.
Thanks for the advice man... it might sound funny but I've never even toyed with the custom playbooks before. It was really fun picking out plays and also doing the formation subs (which I've done occasionally but sparingly in the past). This is really going to help me get the actual looks I want not just what looks best at the time.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
td7
Rookie

Can someone with the game confirm this? "Are we still gonna have the ability to play other teams games during any given week of a dynasty"?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Can someone with the game confirm this? "Are we still gonna have the ability to play other teams games during any given week of a dynasty"?
it's the same as NCAA 13: completely broken

when you sim User controlled teams, the sim results are different

you can play CPU vs CPU games, and that will override the sim results

sometimes when you sim a CPU v CPU game, the results will change on a dynasty reload

sometimes when you sim a CPU v CPU game, you will see two different scores at the top of the screen and the bottom

EA where quality matters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »