Home

NCAA 14 - Prestige Ratings

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - Prestige Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #41
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 14 - Prestige Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDakathebest
but a team like utah is 4* it just seems crazy to me that pitt is only 3*
If Shell would have stayed, along with a big question mark at QB I guess. Pitt had some solid recruits in this last class, want to see Boyd on the field.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 06-16-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #42
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Ok I understand you now. Maybe it should be called 'visibility" or "stature" being the term prestige is misleading in that context. It usually refers to historical succes.
I agree completely as I too think calling it "prestige" is extremely misleading.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #43
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
As of right now Texas has the #1 and Notre Dame the #6 rated recruiting classes for 2014. Again, the prestige rating is only for recruiting and nothing else. Like I said, it has absolutely nothing to do with on the field performance.
Depending on who you look at Auburns recruiting has either gotten better or at least stayed the same the past 4-5 years though. smh... I just get the feeling someone at EA just sits there and says "oh, Texas, they're usually a top 10 team, right?" And then "Utah, don't hear about them much so they can't get rated too high".
Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #44
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
Depending on who you look at Auburns recruiting has either gotten better or at least stayed the same the past 4-5 years though. smh... I just get the feeling someone at EA just sits there and says "oh, Texas, they're usually a top 10 team, right?" And then "Utah, don't hear about them much so they can't get rated too high".
Yeah I mean that what gets me POed. When I see that prestige changes on a year by year basis I assume they are being neglectful.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #45
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Even though I'm bashing EA here though, I really do think they out out a very good product. Maybe it's more of my college football fandom and not the actual game, but the series year in and year out has the most, what's it called, replay value?, of any series of video games. I can't tell you how much time I've put into them going back to NCAA 07, and I know a lot of people here have more hours than me, just for sheer enjoyment. So while I may jab at EA here and there, I just wanted to give a tip of the cap to them on delivering a solid game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #46
Banned

mailman2's Arena

Quote:
Even though I'm bashing EA here though, I really do think they out out a very good product. Maybe it's more of my college football fandom and not the actual game, but the series year in and year out has the most, what's it called, replay value?, of any series of video games. I can't tell you how much time I've put into them going back to NCAA 07, and I know a lot of people here have more hours than me, just for sheer enjoyment. So while I may jab at EA here and there, I just wanted to give a tip of the cap to them on delivering a solid game.
If your anything like me your really exciting about this coordinator cam. I really want to check this out on my big screen.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #47
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I have no problem with Stanford at a 6. They have earned it, IMO

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #48
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

Saw some guy sayTexas should be lower than a 6 lol agreed.

For the Duke post y'all almost won the ACC last year if not for a few losses along the way.

OU still a 6 yes!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »