Home

NCAA 14 Ratings Question

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Ratings Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #9
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 14 Ratings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Uhh.. I find it easy to tell the difference between good route runners and bad route runners on NCAA 13, and find it to be a very very useful rating for receivers. Most of my best WRs were the slow, great hands, great route running types. They cut faster on their routes and get open better. I think calling it useless is quite a stretch..
A stretch maybe, but it doesn't do much. I've labbed 0 route runners against 99 route runners with identical ratings except for the route running and the separation is hardly visible. However, I'm not saying that other users might have found ways to make it useful; I just can't seem to get any performance out of the rating.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 12-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 Ratings Question

Finding this thread years down the road but I figured I should post what I have found in case somebody else like me stumbles on this thread...

While doing testing I found out (confirmed some things I had heard) that the ratings are representative of animations. For example Catching rating is a catch probability rating. However, CIT and SPC are animation based. So a 99 catch WR with 0 SPC or CIT does not have access to certain catch animations but still catches the ball almost every time. Going up for a 1 handed catch or holding onto the ball while a DB tries to strip it would be animations that are linked to SPC and CIT. In summary CTH is the easily the most important rating for catching.

BTK is sim based and has little to no effect on game play. Elusiveness and Trucking are the in game stats for breaking tackles. (Tested this with 0 Break Tackle and 99 ELU/TRK) Doesn't look like there is any advantage to TRK vs ELU it just changes the animation.

I have found in Dynasty mode rosters that there are hidden PBF/PBS and RBF/RBS ratings that can be viewed using DB editor. This leads me to believe that similar to BTK that PB and RB are sim stats and that these hidden stats are the in game ratings that control the animation reaction between power move and finesse move respectively. So a 99 Finesse move would be evenly matched against 99 PBF. So, PBS/RBS work against PMV and PBF/RBF work against FMV.

Everything from this point on is untested and is simply my educated opinion based on the info I have learned and somethings I have read.

I would imagine that Impact Block works against the Block Shed rating in the open field. I would imagine BSH has other functions but that open field block shedding is the main one and the animation is paired with IBL

I haven't tested this but it would make sense then that Press and Release ratings work similarly to the O-line/D-line interaction and it only affects the initial animation and then MCV/ZCV ratings take over.

Again I haven't tested this but I would go on to hypothesize that RTE is matched up against MCV and ZCV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »