Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - Equipment Revealed

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - Equipment Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #57
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - Equipment Revealed

I refuse to believe that new kicker facemask is real. I honestly would've been ok with EA not touching facemasks at all than to add that atrocity, because what that says to me is, "Yea we didn't have enough RAM because we were too busy making our own facemasks...way cooler than that facemask that OS has been in an uproar about for a few years." I'm bummed, I really am, but if this game feels as good as it looks in the e3 videos, I'll get over it fairly quickly.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #58
EXC
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not saying his reason is dumb. I didn't really understand as to why people and Kingd803 weren't buying the game because of facemasks or a facemask of Dan Marino from the 80's.

Trust me, I've seen people say they weren't buying the game because of the video with LSU and T&AM and the quarterback was black so they refused to buy it from that video and I just roll my eyes and ignore it. In his case I can now see why he isn't buying the game and I don't see him as being crazy for not buying the game, because EA and Tiburon have let us down since coming into this gen, and they have not been setting the tone for people to give a reason to buy this game.

People playing the game want control, and they want to play it the way THEY want to play it. If it's not to their liking from last gen, then they have every right to be upset about little things such as a facemask or other things.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #59
Rookie

dcgc5's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
That picture is from 1985. But South Carolina had a pretty good QB wear it his whole career from 2004-2007. There are still players that wear it in the nfl. But you are right. They are getting rid of the "normal" helmets all together. You can't even buy them in sports stores anymore.

It just screams "quarterback" it was the quarterback mask of the 80s and 90s. Idk how historic roster people are gonna do them now.

Also it sure looks better than those revo speed helmets. Gosh those things are uglyyy.
Blake Mitchell
Old 06-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #60
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CcAaRrSsOoNn3
Still don't see why they cannot just get rid of the Half Cage and Bulldog and add the Revo speed 2!!!
Because they will be using it for their great new next gen promotion.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #61
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgc5
Blake Mitchell
Yep. Really liked him. Couldn't been great with a good oline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2
NO REVO 2-BAR MASK???????????????? THREE YEARS IN A ROW AND YOU CAN'T GET THE ONE FRIGGIN MASK THAT 30% OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS WEAR??

COMEEEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....

and dont blame this on RAM space when HALF of the helmets you have on there NOBODY WEARS ANYMORE.....

i'm so upset about this. so let me get this straight, they use the madden teams technology (not their owns) for ncaa...they DON'T upgrade the helmets...WTF did they work on for an entire year? Dynasty Mode?
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #63
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
didn't make it through the whole video (i stopped when it tried to make me watch ANOTHER 30 second ad) but from what I can tell nothing has changed. Pretty funny when Ben avoided talking about equipment and said something along the lines of, "equipment guys would be happy." Happy? Happy that they still have 1970s elbow pads and the same equipment as last year. Now I get why NCAA hasn't been up to par the past few years, Ben has 0 idea what makes people happy.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
I thought they said equipment people would be happy, I'm not happy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »