Home

*NCAA Football 14 Demo - Media*

This is a discussion on *NCAA Football 14 Demo - Media* within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #73
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady862
The last play where you score to tie the game, the safety reacts very weird. He accelerates about 5 yards back towards the line of scrimmage which takes him completely out of the play. He still would of struggled getting over to help out because your outside WR got off the jam so well. What difficulty was this? Any slider adjustments?
It was on All-American with default sliders. I've noticed a few wonky things but much proved overall. Ill be posting two more vids later where I tried to "break" the game running 4 verts and the zone read every play. It was interesting...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #74
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: *NCAA Football 14 Demo - Media*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
After watching several times, i believe the safety was moving in to help on the underneath crossing route coming from left to right, then tried to recover but it was too late. The thing that concerns me in this video is that the TD was made in the closing seconds, which was the problem that haunted 13 aka the DB glitch. Ive not seen it myself in the demo yet, but ive had a small sample size. I spent countless hours testing 13 with matt10 to try and eliminate the problem. Hopefully its gone.
After looking at that crossing route I agree that's what the safety did. The defense called is man under cover 2. I didn't play 13 but i read enough about the poor coverage. I wouldn't mind the safety trying to jump the crossing route in certain situations, but in this situation 4th Qtr with only a few seconds left. The crossing route doesn't hurt you, the two receivers running deep routes to the end zone need the safety coverage. Hopefully a slider can help this. Were you guys able to find any kind of success alleviating the issue last year?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #75
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady862
After looking at that crossing route I agree that's what the safety did. The defense called is man under cover 2. I didn't play 13 but i read enough about the poor coverage. I wouldn't mind the safety trying to jump the crossing route in certain situations, but in this situation 4th Qtr with only a few seconds left. The crossing route doesn't hurt you, the two receivers running deep routes to the end zone need the safety coverage. Hopefully a slider can help this. Were you guys able to find any kind of success alleviating the issue last year?
I'm kind of curious to know what the Safety's key defensive ratings were as well as his overall awareness. Too late now I know. But I wonder if one or more of those were on the low end, maybe that caused him to not play situation-smart (4th quarter, seconds left, just cover the deep wideouts and don't try to be a hero) and break off from his coverage. Then again I could be giving the ratings and AI too much credit for being nuanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #76
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I'm kind of curious to know what the Safety's key defensive ratings were as well as his overall awareness. Too late now I know. But I wonder if one or more of those were on the low end, maybe that caused him to not play situation-smart (4th quarter, seconds left, just cover the deep wideouts and don't try to be a hero) and break off from his coverage. Then again I could be giving the ratings and AI too much credit for being nuanced.
That's a really good thought. If he has horrible awareness then this is actually a pretty cool thing to see. Knowing he is actually playing to his ratings and not a programming error. This would a add a new depth of strategy to the game. Having to account for your safety being a coverage liability. Will get on the demo in a bit and check his ratings.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #77
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
It was on All-American with default sliders. I've noticed a few wonky things but much proved overall. Ill be posting two more vids later where I tried to "break" the game running 4 verts and the zone read every play. It was interesting...
Wouldn't heisman be a better measuring stick for such a test?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, that was definitely a version of the db glitch at its finest. It can go backwards, forwards side to side. The MrBill interview said it might be fixed in final build and Ben is looking into it - so *cross fingers*!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #79
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Speaking of demo media. EAs FaceBook says "Demo Video Drops Tomorrow". What's that suppose to mean since we have been playing the demo for 6 days.

Is this some surprise information being released or what?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #80
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Since I do have a video that counts as Media as well as Impressions, I may as well post it here. Man, I need to be more active on OS...

Basically this is a breakdown of all the things I noticed with the gameplay matching up to that.

As for people saying the Four Vertical Glitch is STILL in the game, I didn't see it. I ran the play twice on Heisman Difficulty, Default Sliders, and both times the DB was able to reach the WR, both times jump balls. (One shown)

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »