Home

Team Entrances

This is a discussion on Team Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #65
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Team Entrances

I always sigh when the QB does that stupid dance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #66
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I always sigh when the QB does that stupid dance.
Hey that dance is tradition now at South Alabama along with random players lining up out of position please show our pregame traditions some respect.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just watched a video on Youtube, the making of NCAA Football 13, and can't believe that after building up the team entrances over 10, 11, 12, and 13 they basically removed them all. Think of all the man power used to build them, just to remove them completely this year. Makes me wish they would have spent that time on something else. I really hope they bring back the old entrances from years past, but with more customization for those who don't have a special entrance.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #68
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
can't believe that after building up the team entrances over 10, 11, 12, and 13 they basically removed them all. Think of all the man power used to build them, just to remove them completely this year. Makes me wish they would have spent that time on something else.
Yeah, that is the real double whammy. They actually spent resources to re-do it, and make it worse. Of all the things in the wishlist thead, I don't think anyone asked to overhaul the entrances. So many other things they could have spent time on.

The entrances were due to be streamlined a bit, but that would taken a fraction of the develpment time. And maybe add an option in the presentation options for Full/Short/None entrances?

Ironically, I think the '14 pregame drags....Why do I need Rece to set the stage, then I get the musical dance around/future highlights thingy, then Nessler comes in an reiterates what Rece did?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

The entrances were due to be streamlined a bit, but that would taken a fraction of the develpment time. And maybe add an option in the presentation options for Full/Short/None entrances?

Ironically, I think the '14 pregame drags....Why do I need Rece to set the stage, then I get the musical dance around/future highlights thingy, then Nessler comes in an reiterates what Rece did?[/quote]

I feel the same way. If people didn't want to have to watch the team entrances give them the option to skip just that and cut to the pregame. I also liked the pregame from last year where they would highlight specific players more so than the entire team like this year. Last year they showed stats, while they stretched and warmed up I enjoyed that more. In all I just feel like it should have been done differently.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #70
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Count me as one who HATES the new entrances (or lack thereof). They took something that (while maybe not perfect) was very good, and ruined it. Now, I skip right thru it, no matter who the home team is, as it's all the same basically. At least before there was some nuance and difference. How can you not like the FSU, USC, LSU, Auburn, Oregon, or Texas entrances (to name a few) from '13? Even bland Penn State was good.

Seems like the mantra for EA with this game is "If it aint broke, fix it."
Old 09-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #71
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
Count me as one who HATES the new entrances (or lack thereof). They took something that (while maybe not perfect) was very good, and ruined it. Now, I skip right thru it, no matter who the home team is, as it's all the same basically. At least before there was some nuance and difference. How can you not like the FSU, USC, LSU, Auburn, Oregon, or Texas entrances (to name a few) from '13? Even bland Penn State was good.

Seems like the mantra for EA with this game is "If it aint broke, fix it."
According to EA, the old intros were "too long" so they "improved" them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #72
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
According to EA, the old intros were "too long" so they "improved" them.
When the piled on Rece Davis to the intro's in '13, that really extended things out. Unfortunately, the parts of the intro that I would have chopped were different than what EA had in mind. I guess I am sappy, but I always thought it was cool as the players walked up the tunnel pre-game and you could hear the cleats. Add in some custom music.....cool stuff. At least I find that better than watching my QB dance line dance, and my RB spin move every game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »