Home

Have EA been playing us?

This is a discussion on Have EA been playing us? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Have EA been playing us?

Also they still release games for several years on the old gen game so if it is as good as people are saying and they dont change anything on it on the old gen consoles I'll be happy. I played NCAA and Madden on PS2 until 2 years ago when it was teh first year they weren't released on PS2. I will continue to play on PS2 until I absolutely have to upgrade my system. I didnt buy Madden last year because it had no importing draft classes but this year with it back I will buy both again and hope it really is this good.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

All everyones praise has me jonesing big time! I only played a quick bit of the game after dling it this afternoon, and all i can talk about is the learning curve, visually, but to every aspect of the game ive gotten so used to.

I wont get to get some time with it for a couple hours yet tonight, im stoked.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

No offense to to the OP, but I really think this could be attributed to a few things.

-Games will always been better late in a consoles life. Easier to program for every year.

-Cam Weber. Looks like EA footbal finally has a leader who gets it. And he's a former college QB so we know he is smart.

-Clint Oldenburg. Former NFL lineman. He's responsible for the upgraded line play.

-I think their tech is is finally getting to the place where it should have been years ago. Could be due to increase in developers.

-We also don't know anything about their programmer and engineer turnover rate. Maybe some more talented guys have filled open spots?

Its seems like there is just more of an overall better quality of leadership now.

This should prove that EA does care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I won't hide it... I'm excited as hell after playing this demo. I think they finally took care of so many gameplay needs we have wanted for a long time. Color/Presentation really pop out me compared to earlier installments. Dynasty improvements should be very nice. I honestly think the only thing lacking at this point from my view is improved player models and equipment updated. Not complaining at all, as much as I will cry about facemasks, eyeblack, long haig etc.... I've always said the gameplay should be numero uno. Very pleased with what I see thus far. I like how they let you tweak the sliders as well, will give our guys a head start on that!! I think this could be the best NCAA football game I've played in many years.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

If the OP is correct, I shudder to imagine what the first edition of NCAA looks like on the PS4/Xbox1...If I recall, the first PS3 version of this series was good but lost so much (Especially equipment wise) from the PS2 days....I'm hoping the stronger performance of the PS4 will lead to not just better gameplay but every single piece of equipment worn, every updated uniform, every piece of unique presentation and a much better gameplay....for next year!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #14
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
im not following what your conspiracy theory is. how would EA benefit from purposely waiting until the last year of the current gen to make a good game?
I think it has something to do with sales to a certain extent and they hold out some years on aspects of the game that should have been done right away.

I do believe things like the option offense, running qb's and ultimate/classic players could have been things done 3-4 years ago but hey what do i know about making football games....people will always cut EA some slack anyway.

As someone else said it's finally done right now so I guess that's all that should matter but I still question the length of time it took.
Westview Basketball #33

Last edited by westview33; 06-18-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #15
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscholar305
The way the game feels makes it 100x better in it self.

Now the bar is finally set! No going back because if they do NCAA 14 could be the game to stick with because it could have it all down.
I was thinking the same thing. If the full game plays like the demo, they will have to keep this standard up or people are going to be reeeeeal harsh. That said, I love this demo, and if the full game is the same, I could deal with playing this one for a few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #16
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

it honestly felt exactly the same to me. Running was slightly different. no major graphics upgrades. Same crappy player models. hate to be a debbie downer but this game = ncaa 13.1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »