Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #25
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
If the biggest issue with this game is the crowd texture, sidelines or outdated facemasks then I think we'll all be pretty happy (well, most of us )

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #26
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

Just now got around to downloading the demo (which is truly an indication of how disappointing the NCAA series has been this generation imo), but only got to play a half. You can go back and read my posts over the last few years and see that I've been as hard on the NCAA series as anyone.

With that said however, in just the little bit I've played, this is a little more like it. There are still plenty of problems, and I still feel as though this is the game we should have gotten 5-6 years ago. However, there is some noticeable improvement to the basic fundamentals of the game (player movement, blocking interactions, collision physics, AI, etc).

Yeah, players are still a bit too "twitchy" when they run. But it's better. There's still work to do with the OL/DL interactions. But they're better. The scrambling/running AI still doesn't replicate a human player. But it's a lot better.

It's too late to save the franchise on this generation. IMO, outside of Online Dynasties, this whole generation has been a wash. But this game gives me some hope that maybe EA can pull off a great game of football at some point on the next-gen consoles.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #27
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

To bash a current game because "we should've had it 2-3 years ago" tops the list of absurd reasoning as to why NCAA 14 isn't any good.

Yeah we should've had this stuff two years ago, but we have it now, and it's been absolutely fun playing the demo.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #28
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
To bash a current game because "we should've had it 2-3 years ago" tops the list of absurd reasoning as to why NCAA 14 isn't any good.

Yeah we should've had this stuff two years ago, but we have it now, and it's been absolutely fun playing the demo.
It's not a bash on the game. It's a critique on what a mess the development has been this generation that it's taken us this long to get to this point.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #29
Rookie

Lzydd's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010

It's a damn good reason why I shouldn't hand over $60 on day one though.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

I have not yet been given access to the Demo (I am a Silver level XBOX Live member and probably won't have access until next week). However, I do have a comment about gameplay issues encountered with the Demo. For those of us playing on the 360, we have access to the Editors. I can state with confidence that, assuming NCAA14 can be edited with the Editors, we can fix most, if not all, of the gameplay issues. For example, editing QB Accuracy in the Roster Ratings will provide finer tuning gradation than available with the Sliders, with the result that realistic accuracy results can be obtained. I am still playing and enjoying NCAA13 after spending considerable time with the Editor to fine-tune the game to my liking. I see no reason why editing NCAA14 won't produce similar pleasing results.

I sympathize with PS3 players who cannot edit files outside of the game. For all 360 players, I strongly encourage you to learn how to use the Editors.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 19
Funny, I agree with everything that Ben, Rob, Jayson, and Caley said.
After several days with the demo, I have to say that the game is good, but boring. The atmosphere and commentary just kill this game for me.
The best new feature is the coordinator cam. absolutely love this.
Ill most likely skip purchasing the game unless its sold for 40.00 dollars or less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I have not yet been given access to the Demo (I am a Silver level XBOX Live member and probably won't have access until next week). However, I do have a comment about gameplay issues encountered with the Demo. For those of us playing on the 360, we have access to the Editors. I can state with confidence that, assuming NCAA14 can be edited with the Editors, we can fix most, if not all, of the gameplay issues. For example, editing QB Accuracy in the Roster Ratings will provide finer tuning gradation than available with the Sliders, with the result that realistic accuracy results can be obtained. I am still playing and enjoying NCAA13 after spending considerable time with the Editor to fine-tune the game to my liking. I see no reason why editing NCAA14 won't produce similar pleasing results.

I sympathize with PS3 players who cannot edit files outside of the game. For all 360 players, I strongly encourage you to learn how to use the Editors.
Concerning this "editor" for 360, is there anyway for one person to do the edits, then share that edited version with others like with rosters or does each individual gamer have to use the editor themselves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »