Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was a little bit disappointed with this demo, but this is what I took away from it after playing about 7 games.

1. I feel like the CPU plays with a little bit more fluidity than the User in regards to the new running system. It seemed like the CPU didn't need to deceleration or acceleration when making cuts. I felt like as the User the player that I controlled was forced to slow down, cut, and then accelerate. This played to the CPU's favor.

2. I felt like the CPU was overly aware of what I was doing both offensively and defensively. It almost seemed like If setting the O-line to contain and having a spy didn't help at all with scrambling QB's.
On passing plays the Defense knew when exactly to play man or zone Defense. Even when calling audibles to switch out of a bad play.

3.The option game seems to be completely rebuilt and I felt like this was the highlight of the demo. I was able to run a number of different option plays successfully as compared to NCAA Football 13 where the option was very flawed.

4.I think that the Development team could have done a much better job with the presentation. The pre-game looks entirely unrealistic. I think that the pre-game presentation should have been done to highlight key players against other teams. I can see how it works against rivals, like Texas - OU or Oregon-Stanford, but how would that look with Bama and a team like USF?

5.I think that the running game has taken a negative impact with the implementation of both the new running system and the Infinity Engine. I found the running game(other than the option) to be really ineffective. The running back would get caught way too much on linemen causing the RB to get caught up in a stumbling animation hindering the ability to get to the cutback lane.

6.I think that the game lagged too much during no huddle situations. I felt like I the CPU took advantage of this lag. I felt like I was having to rush more than usual to give players assignments.

Overall I felt like the Developers tried to implement way too much at once and it actually did more harm than good to this game. I did like the Infinity Engine, but I felt that tackling was still dictated by the old animations that have been in the game for sometime now.

I really had high hopes for this game, but the more and more I saw the less and less I liked what I saw and the demo was just the be all end all for me. I think I will wait for NCAA Football on Next-Gen consoles.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Concerning this "editor" for 360, is there anyway for one person to do the edits, then share that edited version with others like with rosters or does each individual gamer have to use the editor themselves?
A basic Roster and Dynasty xml file is already available listing most of the fields to do the basic ratings/equipment/player physical builds etc...

When you get to the Profile save, which most of the drastic changes will come from, it's best to do it yourself because the variance of what each gamer sees as realistic/sim style football is too great.

This is were you get the "I don't see a difference" notations.

It's too difficult to ask someone else to tweak/tune the game to my personal perception of a good football game.

That's just how it is unfortunately.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So it's best everyone do their own Profile editing.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Concerning this "editor" for 360, is there anyway for one person to do the edits, then share that edited version with others like with rosters or does each individual gamer have to use the editor themselves?
It is certainly possible for a person to do edits, then share edited Rosters via Roster Share. The problem is that, for example, the edits I will make to best suit my game play style would probably not be the edits you would want to best suit your game play style. You can test this statement by downloading my latest edited roster for NCAA13 under gamer tag "ArtD01". But don't be surprised if you are not happy with the way my edited Roster plays. Also, I have adjusted the Sliders to further enhance the game for me, so the edited Roster and the Sliders go together. I see no reason to expect that edited versions of NCAA14 will be any less user-specific.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #36
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
It's not a bash on the game. It's a critique on what a mess the development has been this generation that it's taken us this long to get to this point.
But when you're being asked for an impression of the demo and all you give is: "Why did it take this long to get here?", you're not really answering the question.

If it was a roundtable on the development cycle for this generation, his comments would have been perfectly reasonable and I'd totally agree with him.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I really like were they r going with this game and future games. I just hooe they wil fix the issues in this years game and i think they already know what they r frm everybody that has left on here and in other threads. I just cant get pass the new running mixed in wit the IE2. Its making the players fall like they did in Madden13 when they fall in ways like they have no control over they bodies.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #38
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I have not yet been given access to the Demo (I am a Silver level XBOX Live member and probably won't have access until next week). However, I do have a comment about gameplay issues encountered with the Demo. For those of us playing on the 360, we have access to the Editors. I can state with confidence that, assuming NCAA14 can be edited with the Editors, we can fix most, if not all, of the gameplay issues. For example, editing QB Accuracy in the Roster Ratings will provide finer tuning gradation than available with the Sliders, with the result that realistic accuracy results can be obtained. I am still playing and enjoying NCAA13 after spending considerable time with the Editor to fine-tune the game to my liking. I see no reason why editing NCAA14 won't produce similar pleasing results.

I sympathize with PS3 players who cannot edit files outside of the game. For all 360 players, I strongly encourage you to learn how to use the Editors.
The editor was awesome for my offline dynasty but does nothing past year one of an online dynasty unfortunately.

If EA would implement an editor similar to this the game would be unbeatable. The over rating is a big problem IMO.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #39
Rookie

This will be the most complete version this generation, and I expect little change, if any more ncaa's for this generation after this. love the demo.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the demo overall and am looking forward to the full release......One thing that stood out to me was the way the field was degrading as the game went on. Some plays you could actually see the grass get torn up. I was playing with Texas A&M and you could see the Logo at mid field start to get torn up as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »