Home

Does the CPU make defensive adjustments during the game

This is a discussion on Does the CPU make defensive adjustments during the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Does the CPU make defensive adjustments during the game

Not sure if its just the demo but while using Oregon I ran a shotgun quick slant play over and over again to see if the CPU would ever audible or adjust and to my dismay they never did. Is this because its just a demo. I raised the coverage slider to 100 and was playing on heisman, not once did they adjust to me using the same play and throwing to the x receiver every time going 28 for 31. I'm not trying to be ridiculous I just want to be able to not have do called money plays that I can't use. Last year I just stuck to a coach mode od, but in the end it folded prematurely due to the safety play being broken. I guess I'm dying for a ncaa game coming from someone who has owned every version of the game. So do you guys think that its due tonjust being a demo or is it something that will plague the game this year.

Last edited by jsou4646; 06-21-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Does the CPU make defensive adjustments during the game

I said in another thread, I think it's to early to tear down a game from a demo and say what works and what don't work. You will never get an answer until the game comes out.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I said in another thread, I think it's to early to tear down a game from a demo and say what works and what don't work. You will never get an answer until the game comes out.
Fair enough, do you know if the CPU made adjustments in last years game. I only played coach mode last year
Old 06-22-2013, 02:31 AM   #4
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

The CPU has never made EFFECTIVE adjustments, so why would '14 be any different.

In '13, CPU would load up on a play if you ran it over and over again. Yet if you still ran the play successfully, the CPU had no plan B, ever.

I found in the 2nd half, the CPU got worse. I'd routinely have 10-14 pts at half, and wind up with 30-45 pts by the end of the game, doing the exact same things I did in the first half.

The CPU offense was the same way, if I ran the same defense over and over, the ONLY adjustment it'd try was a screen pass. If that didn't work, it was SOL. It would keep trying screen passes, whether they worked or not, because that was it's only plan against that defense being run again and again.

The machines we play these games on are amazing. They're powerful and impressive. Why isn't the AI in these games powerful or impressive? Why is it so limited? I don't think its a competence thing or a knowledge thing, but an effort/care/thoroughness thing. Sad.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #5
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
I completely disagree that it is an effort or care issue. I really think these guys are listening and trying to make the game better. There's a development cycle and only so much time and so many resources (paid employees). Sometimes they miss things and sometimes things that some people feel strongly about get overlooked for things other people feel strongly about. All you can do is make your opinions known (constructively) and hope that enough people feel the way you do that they listen and make those changes.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Fair enough, do you know if the CPU made adjustments in last years game. I only played coach mode last year
I didn't play 13 so I don't know.

The last game I played was 12 and I would say yes they made adjustments. At least I thought they did. It always seemed that things that worked in the first half were a little tougher to do in the second. I don't use no huddle offense though and I know a lot of people do, so I'm sure there is a difference there.

Last edited by cusefan74; 06-22-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I completely disagree that it is an effort or care issue. I really think these guys are listening and trying to make the game better. There's a development cycle and only so much time and so many resources (paid employees). Sometimes they miss things and sometimes things that some people feel strongly about get overlooked for things other people feel strongly about. All you can do is make your opinions known (constructively) and hope that enough people feel the way you do that they listen and make those changes.
Nothing personal to you at all man.
This is directed towards EA.
I shouldn't have to pay the same price for an inferior product (NCAA) as a top tier product like The Show or NBA2K.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Nothing personal to you at all man.
This is directed towards EA.
I shouldn't have to pay the same price for an inferior product (NCAA) as a top tier product like The Show or NBA2K.

Just because you think it is inferior to The Show and NBA2k doesn't mean everybody thinks that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »