Home

Uniform Updates 6.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 6.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #449
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Uniform Updates 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift7one
another uniform shot via Duck's RB Brandon Marshall on IG, at last night's photo shoot.

*image flipped
Are those knee sleeves? Looks like another accessory we need added.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #450
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

After noticing that Eastern Michigan is missing their MAC patch as well I think we should do a go through of all the teams missing conference patches on their uniforms be it helmets and or jersey's.

So far I have:

South Carolina missing SEC patch Home and Away.

Georgia missing current SEC logo on Helmet.

Arizona State missing Pac 12 patch all uniforms.

Washington State missing Pac 12 patch all uniforms

Eastern Michigan missing MAC patch all uniforms.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

Last edited by KANE699; 07-19-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 AM   #451
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
After noticing that Eastern Michigan is missing their MAC patch as well I think we should do a go through of all the teams missing conference patches on their uniforms be it helmets and or jersey's.

So far I have:

South Carolina missing SEC patch Home and Away.

Georgia missing current SEC logo on Helmet.

Arizona State missing Pac 12 patch all uniforms.

Washington State missing Pac 12 patch all uniforms

Eastern Michigan missing MAC patch all uniforms.
If you want to go ahead and compile all the ones that you notice and PM them to me that'd be great (don't feel like you have to go and check every instance, just as you play, or if you have some free time check them out). Just an FYI a lot of these probably won't make it into this year's game but I will definitely put them on the first page.

I only say not to expect them to make it this year because I doubt they will make it so there would be 2 South Carolina Garnett Jersyes where the only difference is the patch, for example, or 2 uga helmets where only the conference decal is updated. If they address the adidas techfit issues then the MAC patch could be a part of that, but if they don't even do that I doubt we'll see 3 duplicate jerseys where only the patch has been updated. Hopefully they will and who knows they may have it where they could update the current ones and put the patches on, or replace them entirely, I just want to prepare you in case they don't.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #452
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Are those knee sleeves? Looks like another accessory we need added.
they're like 3/4 leggings/compression tights. a lot of players have been wearing them the past couple seasons.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #453
Rookie

OVR: 1

[quote=Iceman87GT;2045150694]The Adidas Issue:
Adidas is not well-represented in the game, in this section I will explain what appears to be wrong and provide examples of how the uniforms should look. I will be doing this for every such uniform that appears to be misrepresented, which means this list could start to grow, though I'm pretty confident that I have all of them on this list.
*Denotes uniforms whose designs are outdated, this is in addition to them not having the proper Techfit look.

Details of the Issue:
  • The mesh is too big, also too prevalent. It should only be noticeable in close-ups, and even then it is still hard to see from time to time depending on the angle, the colors, and the lighting.
  • You have the right idea with Texas A&M, Mississippi State, NC State, New Mexico State, Indiana, and UMass.
  • I don't doubt that the templates you have for all the school's listed above are the correct ones, but the holes should be smaller, and less noticeable, and it should appear more like solid material.
  • Because Adidas's Techfits are super-stretchy, they look most accurate in the game when everyone on the team has their sleeves set to Tight. The problem here is that most school's sleeve designs partially dissappear when this option is selected. Y'all fixed this issue with Nebraska but all the other schools are still subject to it.
Here is an example of how different the uniforms in the game are from their real life counterparts.

EMU Game:
EMU in real life:

In both examples you can see the holes, but they stand out much more in the game version. Now here's a pic of the jerseys in action, same Green EMU jersey but now you can't notice the holes at all.

And Here's how they look in action in NCAA 14. And keep in mind this if from further out than the real life example and yet, you can still see the mesh design.

Some are a little more prominent than others (I used EMU because it was one of the better examples of actually seeing the holes in the real life uniforms, most of the time you can't see them, and even when you do they are never as obvious as they are in the top picture). And while this doesn't hurt the gameplay (in fact its hard to notice depending on what camera angles you use), it rears its ugly head after every play when we see the cut-screens, it can thrown off immersion, which is extremely important in this game. Here are 2 examples from that same game EMU2. FIU1. With the FIU one it should be ever harder to see the holes, because its a white jersey and the whole only show up in close-ups, yet you can still see the mesh design arguably more so than you can see it in the 2nd green example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kansas does not have a proper techfit look. Very outdated. They should have a * added by their name. Same goes for Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Tennessee .

Also, New Mexico State should be added to that list of techfits. They have an updated template and look as good as Umass/ Arkansas State. But their sleeve design is majorly cut off.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHINING A LIGHT ON THIS. I love the way the techfits look and think EA could do an awesome job if they cleaned them up.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #454
Rookie

youssefmeskin's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey just a question but why do y'all hate chrome helmets?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #455
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Talk
I hate the saying BFBS it should be Black for Recruiting and Winning Sakes.
How'd those black jerseys work out for Kansas and Kentucky last year?

You don't win because of how fancy or new your jerseys are. Ask Alabama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #456
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
If you want to go ahead and compile all the ones that you notice and PM them to me that'd be great (don't feel like you have to go and check every instance, just as you play, or if you have some free time check them out). Just an FYI a lot of these probably won't make it into this year's game but I will definitely put them on the first page.

I only say not to expect them to make it this year because I doubt they will make it so there would be 2 South Carolina Garnett Jersyes where the only difference is the patch, for example, or 2 uga helmets where only the conference decal is updated. If they address the adidas techfit issues then the MAC patch could be a part of that, but if they don't even do that I doubt we'll see 3 duplicate jerseys where only the patch has been updated. Hopefully they will and who knows they may have it where they could update the current ones and put the patches on, or replace them entirely, I just want to prepare you in case they don't.
I am on the understanding that they can update current uniforms in game without having to add new ones, I have seen it work this way in Madden and am pretty sure after working on both games in the past these are patchable issues rather requiring a replacement just to get it right.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »