Home

Tackles

This is a discussion on Tackles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #9
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Tackles

I haven't noticed gang tackles as much but I can't say I'm disappointed. Hopefully, they make a slightly more prominent return but overall I feel pretty good about the tackling.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

turn the tackling slider down. I did it for NCAA 13 and it was great, a lot of gang tackles, and open field tackles arent easy at all.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Tackles are pretty good and new to me since I didn't really play Madden enough

Only thing I don't like is you see a ghost tackle every now and then, but its rare
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #12
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

As mentioned before most ppl play with their tackle slider at default. Huge mistake! Luckily this slider has worked pretty well unlike some of the other sliders. Lowering the tackle slider about 25-30 points gives you a brand new game. Granted the tackle system is far from realistic but this helps A LOT.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #13
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I've played about 10 games and have not seen anyone with an assisted tackle when I look at player stats. I hope they don't have the problem that Madden had last year with assisted tackles.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks dcgc5 for the informative response.

I hope there's not a stat bug too. I've only played one demo game, but on one of the first plays, my defenders engaged in a clear 3 man gang tackle. I took a quick look at the stats and one of the three had 1 tackle and the other two had nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I've played about 10 games and have not seen anyone with an assisted tackle when I look at player stats. I hope they don't have the problem that Madden had last year with assisted tackles.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I saw thais as well. I can live with it in this game due to me being able edit my roster mid-dynasty. It hurts bad in CCM when your LBs can't progress due to a lack of assisted tackles.

In general though, today's game is about one on one tackles in space. The demo does a pretty decent job of portraying this in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
In general though, today's game is about one on one tackles in space. The demo does a pretty decent job of portraying this in my opinion.
GameBreaker, I think this is a very good point. College football is a lot more wide open these days (even the Big 10 is becoming this way) and the game feels a lot like real life in that sense. I noticed a lot of open field tackles on the edge where 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th defenders will come flying in to assist or hit the runner as he is going.
I too am really enjoying the new tackle physics and animations. I think there are several things for them to tweak, but it looks like a great engine to build on for the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »