Home

Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

This is a discussion on Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
PBUs more than questioning.
What is PBU? Sorry...
Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #74
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
What is PBU? Sorry...
I thought it was Prehistoric Black Universities at first, but now that I look at it in context... that's clearly not the case. Now I'm curious too..
Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #75
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
I thought it was Prehistoric Black Universities at first, but now that I look at it in context... that's clearly not the case. Now I'm curious too..
Previously banned users probably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #76
Rookie

I don't think the smurf person who got banned was a previously banned user. Or at least he said he wasn't. But he was posting under an alias. Basically he just said that Operation Sports was too quick to ban people. Presumably, he used an alias because he was worried being critical of the site would get him banned.

However, I don't think his alias was banned for what he said, but rather for the fact that it was an alias. Creating multiple usernames is explicitly against the rules. It would be kind of ironic if expressing the opinion that the mods are too quick to ban people was a bannable offense. Sort of like how the public figure who says "Islam is a violent religion" runs the risk of getting beheaded.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #77
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You guys clearly misunderstood him.

No one has EVER been banned for having a picture in their signature, I don't ever remember even getting pushback about that rule.
Right, I know I'm on the list of guys who got a minor infraction for a signature picture when I first started here. But as soon as I got it, I went and read TOS over and have been posting here for about a year now with no issues. Reading TOS isn't even that long or extensive to get through...it's not asking too much to have people go read it.

To all the mods, thank you for trying to keep things in order. I'll be honest in saying I haven't been spending much time in the football game forums recently because of my experience last year around release time. Hopefully things are more productive and civil this year.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #78
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
"Read this or risk being banned"

Seems threatening...Could have just said, new members, please review forum rules.
My exact thought when I saw the title of the thread.

I find myself on both sides of the issues. I appreciate that knuckleheads are dealt with swiftly and not allowed to pollute the forums. I just wonder if things are a little too strict around here at times, especially when you're expected to know that there's already a post on a subject on page 134 of a certain thread.

I lean toward running a tight ship, given the sophomoric nature of most message boards.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #79
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Millenium, great post. Make sure you post this in Madden forums in August.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #80
Banned

Panthers_19's Arena

I have to say ... I've been using the OS forums since June '08 around the time NCAA '09 released. I recently made an account because the forums have become explicitly interesting in the coming years. This year has been real intense following the release of this year's games. I find it amusing to say the least that the mods, along with majority of the users of this site, encourage the expression of opinions and constructive criticism, but yet if you so much as to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to the mods on how to manage the site better; you get struck down with the banhammer! GG, guys, GG! Because forget actually listening to our users which are the true reason this website exists! /sarcasm

At least, that's the impression this thread has given me. Like the guy who made the 1st amendment argument; yes it was asinine to even contemplate the argument that OS is being paid by EA, but he made two post before being banned. TWO! How can you create a well rationalized thought of what his "agenda" (my next paragraph is about what the term "agenda" is being specifically defined as because I can't wrap my head around it for whatever reason. ) was, I must ask? And rockytop, why was he banned? For questioning authority (if you call that "questioning", because to me it seemed more like a constructive suggestion)? *Tisk tisk*
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Rather than respond at all just report the post. It will allow us to handle the offending post(er).
Why are you assuming that he didn't already report it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
As is normal this time of year with a major football game release on the horizon, the mods of Operation Sports have been instructed to watch this forum intently for the next few months. That means that you should walk lightly when posting.

My suggestion for EVERYONE who posts here is to re-read the Terms Of Service very carefully. They can be found here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...17-2013-a.html

I want to point out one other very important piece of advice: The TOS states you can have ONE username at OS. If that username is banned, that counts as the only username you are allowed, and you will never have access to post on OS again.

Please be mindful of others when you post. Please take into account the content of which you post. If you have an agenda when posting, it's best to not post. If you even QUESTION if a post can get you banned, don't hit Submit.

This is the only warning that will be issued. After this, if you get an infraction, you will be banned permanently.
So, what is an "agenda" defined as? What if my "agenda" was to criticize the DB glitch in NCAAF13 (per se if this were to be the day of release of NCAAF13 nearly a year ago), would it get taken down and my account be banned (if not given mod discretion)? Because an "agenda" is like someone's plan, right?

And what's stopping someone from making another account with a different email? If it was an IP ban, then what's stopping them from doing that plus port forwarding their IP? Just curious.

The main reason I don't post on many forums anywhere on the internet much all comes down to the mods on the site. They always seem to become mad with power and act like your god of the internet because you have power. "OHH EMM GEEE GUYZ MEE GOOTZ POHER OHN TEH INTERWEBZ!!" Get over yourselves. And don't get me wrong, there are really cool mods on OS, but it seems like the jerks overestimate the cool ones like eighty to twenty percent. Like with this post; yes it's great that we're trying to keep it civil, but when you use titles like "READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED" it just seems (notice how I'm putting emphasis on "titles" and "seems" because this is not a direct attack to OS mods, but rather a generalized accusation against all mods on every forum on the internet, so don't take it personal.) like a thread with a butthurt mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I've been on this site for over a decade, I even donated around 2003 but I haven't posted here much lately.

I got an infraction a little over a year ago or something for stating my opinion.

I think there was an impressions thread or something, I don't really remember, but I made a new thread that got locked.

I understand trying to prevent like 20 threads on the same thing but at the same time, it's a "message" board and sometimes I don't have time to scroll through 52 pages to find what I'm looking for.

What's wrong with having a thread about something specific anyway? I'm not biased in anyway but I don't sugar coat things either. I think it's healthy to disagree and state opinions without trying to be politically correct all the time. That doesn't mean I attack anyone or use vulgar language though.

"Read this or risk being banned"

Seems threatening...Could have just said, new members, please review forum rules.
So why couldn't you just have done that instead?

Come one guys, this isn't that ONE website (I all caps'ed "one" to put a play on words so I don't have to violate ONE of that site's rules, and if you've been to that site and use it often, you know what I'm talking about.), this is a forum to express views on simulation sports games, lighten up.

Lastly, why should we penalize users for cursing? Really? We're all adults here. I could turn on the TV and turn on the news and MTV and see and hear way more vulgar and degrading things than a simple curse word. I don't know, it could just be me. I grew up in a household that said cursing isn't as bad as blowing someone's head off and teaching preteen girls to dress like they're a prostitute. Maybe I was raised wrong.

I apologize if this post offends anyone; I'm just sharing my views, like the mods on the site highly encourage, on this subject because it's actually kinda interesting to say the least, and surprising.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »