Home

Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

This is a discussion on Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Welcome to THAT time of year - READ THIS OR RISK BEING BANNED

I'm not sure negative reactions to the game is ever a problem. There are hundreds of negative things posted on here every few hours. I interpret that part as referring to some sort of personal agenda, like specifically targeting a poster for some reason, or continuously referencing other games by other companies

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Definitely, I'm sure that OS allows for a healthy discussion of the game. I was thinking that agenda was going to be defined as, a constant bashing of the game without real good reason--hence my worries.

My "two cents" of advice: Be constructive in your criticism if you have any, don't demean; reason out your negatives in a clear, professional fashion. And be constructive in your counter arguments as well. Do that and I guarantee you'll make it through the ban hammer period.

If you can't do either of those two, don't post.

Last edited by tHurley2010; 06-22-2013 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Grammar is fun...
Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
Definitely, I'm sure that OS allows for a healthy discussion of the game. I was thinking that agenda was going to be defined as, a constant bashing of the game without real good reason--hence my worries.

My "two cents" of advice: Be constructive in your criticism if you have any, don't demean and reason out your negatives in a clear, professional fashion. And be constructive in your counter arguments as well. Do that and I guarantee you'll make it through the ban hammer period.

If you can't do any of those two, don't post.
Ok let me tell you why I'm so concerned. Do you know Ryan Moody and Versuz2? They were my favorite youtube madden/ncaa commentators. They were both banned for these two posts-

Quote:
EA has a long way to go before it can be considered good at this point
that was ryan moody's post that got him banned. Versuz 2 got banned for saying David Ortiz (not the one your thinking of) should be cut from the madden staff? Why you ask? Ortiz said that the Madden 07 player models were (and I quote) "sexy".

Obviously OS has been paid of by EA. There is no other way to put it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Mailman, just a word to wise. Questioning what mods do is the easiest way out of town. If you don't like what they do, start your own forum and make your own rules.

Also, the people you mentioned that were banned were banned for other reasons. Just one post doesn't show why they ended up getting banned and again it's not your place to question why.

Expressing your opinions is one thing, questioning the sites creators is another.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 06-21-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Stirring the pot wont be allowed.

And the notion that the staff or site gets paid by EA is beyond ridiculous.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

And just so there is clarification:

Versuz was banned for advertising his YouTube site and his agenda. Agenda posting is constantly posting the same thought over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. We get it the first time.

It's also quite interesting to me that in the football release time of year, we get a brand new poster who is defending 2 of the old school YouTube guys in the 'Troof Chasers' vein. Guys who cared more about being heard than the substance that was heard from them.

You (who can now read this as a guest while you are banned) were banned for attacking my staff. You don't want to be a martyr, yet you are using your voice to speak up with confidence that you will be banned. That's an interesting definition of 'not being a martyr'.

Every year I make this thread. And every year I keep it open for discussion. It will remain open for discussion. CIVIL, CONSTRUCTIVE discussion. I have no problem answering to users of this site. But attacking this site or any of it's users is an automatic ticket out.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I didn't think you needed to explain yourself or the sites reasonings, but well done.

I love, but hate this time of year.

New year, New members, same outcome...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm impressed. It only took one post for someone to bring up the freedom of speech argument.

In a different vein, I find it interesting how different forums work. On a different forum, a user called a different user a pretty bad name (Starts with R) and the mods basically laughed at the insulted user when he asked that the name caller be banned. Granted, this website covers punk music, so by nature it is a bit more vulgar. Here, that post would be deleted and the name caller would be banned in a fraction of a second. Just found it interesting. (FWIW, I prefer the OS mod style more. I feel it leads to more civil discussions, and less jerks on the site)
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »