Home

Intentional grounding

This is a discussion on Intentional grounding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Intentional grounding

Do the penalties work in madden properly?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

As mentioned before IG was one of the infractions that was pretty glitched up last year. CPU never got called for it. Last year block in the back (clipping) didn't work either. Some sliders were reversed. It was just a big mess.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
As mentioned before IG was one of the infractions that was pretty glitched up last year. CPU never got called for it. Last year block in the back (clipping) didn't work either. Some sliders were reversed. It was just a big mess.
So we've reached a dead end? Are the fixable or are we getting another of year of decent gameplay but no distinct rules to govern the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
So we've reached a dead end? Are the fixable or are we getting another of year of decent gameplay but no distinct rules to govern the play.
The answer is in your question sir
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
I have also never seen intentional grounding called on the CPU, even after the QB throws it straight out of bounds right after taking the snap. I really wish penalties were more relevant in this game. Right now they are basically a non-factor.
I agree...penalties just aren't realistic in the game. It would be pretty cool to see the CPU get called for IG or even delay of game(not sure how you would implement it since the user will never get called for it). Late hits also need to be addressed...currently you can continue to tackle someone out of bounds and won't get called for anything.

I think certain penalties fall under the category of those "little things" that would add so much more life to this game.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Rookie

JPV555's Arena

OVR: 0

This is my biggest gripe. I don't know how many times I've gotten into the backfield, about to sack the QB and the guy just throws it into the ground and it's just an incomplete pass.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

I've experienced, many times, my QB running out to the right with the intention of throwing it away and all he does is pump fake... then sack. I wouldn't gripe if it only happened once, hell maybe twice. Now I've seen it about 15 times throughout a couple of seasons. Quite annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

The only thing the IG slider does is determine how likely a QB is to hold on to the ball while in the pocket. The higher the slider the more sacks a qb will take. It GREATLY affects cpu gameplay.

Other than that its useless. The cpu will never be called for IG. And u only will if u click the stick inside the tackle box.

Penalties have literally been the relative same for about 5yrs now. Basically the entire current gen.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »