Home

Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings?

This is a discussion on Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Just knowing that the end-game will be something that you will be satisfied with removes the notion of "time and effort" that's needed.

Granted, not many want to invest in their gaming experience to this degree, but it is available if they so choose.
But we shouldn't have to do all this to get an accurate experience, anything other than a few minutes investment is too much
Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #50
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurred
South Carolina is ranked number 8 in polls and is given an overall rating of 88 wtf. Meanwhile many teams that are below them in polls or not ranked have a better team in the game. What a slap in the face.
once again the team overall means poop!!! again the player overalls mean poop!!!

S.Carolina could be stacked but might not have depth. the team overall factors in all players on depth chart.

come on guys, yall have been around this game long enough to know these ratings dont and never have meant anything. all it does is give a avg. for the overalls on team. you can have all 99 players on your 1st team D. all your second team are 70 overall. you might be a 85 Defense. see how it works. it means nothing!!!!!! your offense can be rated a 88 but what if every player your first team is a 88 or better and the backups are bringing down the overall. but your starting team is as good as anyone.

these numbers are nothing!!!! you wanna win worry about x's and o's because that contrived overall number isnt gonna help you.

do you guys alwasy start the player with the highest overall at a position? you guys know who they come up with overalls for positions right? say im Navy and running the option. my wr's really just block. so i replace my 85 overall wr's with 75 overall te's that can block on the outside for me. my team just alot better by putting in skill specific players. oline is the most noticable. i run the ball alot and strength is everything. i can have a 99 overall pass blocking tackle but is a 80 runblock and 85 strength but ill take my 78 overall with 95 strength any day.

and remember that awareness is the great mulitplier on the overalls for players. lets say you sign two 3 star players. both are 75. one has 55 awareness and one has 75 awarenss. you think that the 75 awareness with have anywhere near the physical skill set that the 55 awareness with have? no and as they progress each year and more awareness is added the smarter one will probably be higher rated because of awareness. so by the time they are seniors you will have a very inteligent medium talent wr and moderate intelligent physical specimen.

Mike Haas comes to mind. very smart college player that was reciever of the year when at oregon state. was a 5th or 6th round pick that never panned out. smart but not skilled. we all know it goes the other way also.

so just forget team and overalls. they mean nothing other than a reference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »