Home

NCAA 14 Dynasty Video

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Dynasty Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #57
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 14 Dynasty Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
That white cursor just indicates who has the ball, and it applies to the CPU. Check out the other vids if you don't believe me. Also, the clip where he starts the game shows that there is no second player chosen as Mizzou at the controller select screen. I'm guessing its a glitch or mistake of some kind. You're giving too much importance to that one thing when every other aspect indicates they are CPU controlled.
Nobody said I didn't believe you. I'm just pointing out the fact that it said USER catch. As in not by the CPU. Could there be a possibility of two booths being linked for them to play each other? I'm just pointing out the possibilities. I'm giving importance to that because I felt it deserved importance. I just don't see why it would say USER catch if it wasn't a USER .... but what do I know. EA has been known to screw things up. But if this is the one of very few screw ups, then I am fine. If it is in fact a CPU controlled team, then yes this would be a clock management problem.

EDIT: My bad about the cursor thing. I realized after going back that this has always been in. Shows how much lack of enthusiasm I have had in this game for years now. It's usually collected dust each year since the Current Gen games have been out.

Last edited by BallinVol; 06-30-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #58
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Nobody said I didn't believe you. I'm just pointing out the fact that it said USER catch. As in not by the CPU. Could there be a possibility of two booths being linked for them to play each other? I'm just pointing out the possibilities. I'm giving importance to that because I felt it deserved importance. I just don't see why it would say USER catch if it wasn't a USER .... but what do I know. EA has been known to screw things up. But if this is the one of very few screw ups, then I am fine. If it is in fact a CPU controlled team, then yes this would be a clock management problem.
Because it isn't really a possibility in my opinion. Everything about the videos of the game make it seem obvious it's a dynasty game against the CPU. It's an offline dynasty and there is no controller assigned for Mizzou. Even if there were somehow two booths, we would still be able to see things like the human cursor for the other team. I also doubt Mad Scientist would have called a timeout for this other user. It seems pretty obvious, other than one little graphic which is probably a glitch, that Mizzou isn't a user.

And you are downplaying your initial response. You weren't just pointing out a possibility. You were trying to make a "correction" (your word), and I'm simply proving that isn't the case.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #59
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Correction. If you look again, it appears as if Missouri is a human controlled team. With the pass over the middle, the words USER CATCH come up on the bottom of the screen. Just caught this.
Quote:
There is a white cursor under the center before the snap. I don't see a reason why it would say User Catch on the screen if in fact this wasn't a Human controlled player.

It is quite strange. Missouri may not be human controlled but if they aren't, then the User Catch notification is a glitch.
Quote:

EDIT: My bad about the cursor thing. I realized after going back that this has always been in. Shows how much lack of enthusiasm I have had in this game for years now. It's usually collected dust each year since the Current Gen games have been out.
For at least 1 release now ('13 and I think in '12 too) when a receiver makes a 1 handed catch (for either the USER team or the CPU team) it flashes "User catch" at the bottom.

I haven't watched the videos, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that the catch you're talking about was a 1 handed catch.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #60
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Because it isn't really a possibility in my opinion. Everything about the videos of the game make it seem obvious it's a dynasty game against the CPU. It's an offline dynasty and there is no controller assigned for Mizzou. Even if there were somehow two booths, we would still be able to see things like the human cursor for the other team. I also doubt Mad Scientist would have called a timeout for this other user. It seems pretty obvious, other than one little graphic which is probably a glitch, that Mizzou isn't a user.

And you are downplaying your initial response. You weren't just pointing out a possibility. You were trying to make a "correction" (your word), and I'm simply proving that isn't the case.

Ok, so yes my original statement was "correction". I guess I jumped out on a limb on that. For the sake of this thread getting into what looks like a political debate, I will just say it's a glitch. I agree that some of the decisions that the Missouri controlled team definitely resembled a CPU controlled team. Maybe I was trying put too much faith in EA ( I should have my head checked).

jello, I was unaware of that. It was a diving catch, but could apply to that, as well as one handed catches.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #61
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Nope, watch it again. Mizzou has the ball at midfield with about 40 seconds left and all timeouts. They let about 25 seconds tick before MS called a timeout for them (listen closely and you can hear Mad Scientist or someone say "Why are they wasting time?" or something to that effect after he calls the timeout). After that, the CPU completes the pass and then they call a timeout and kick the FG. There was no good reason to run the clock like that from about 20 yards outside of FG range.

Correction: they call one more play, a pass that is almost picked off in an inexplicable decision to throw downfield, then the FG.
Guess I should watch it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »