Home

What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on What Was So Great About NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #17
Rookie

Lzydd's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Considering it was the last NCAA game I bought, it wasn't really that great in my opinion. The new locomotion system was better than what they'd had in the past; however, since they had promised "authentic player movement," I was pretty disappointed in what we got.

But like other have said, NCAA 11 is great when compared to NCAA 10, but that has more to do with how bad NCAA 10 was and not how good NCAA 11 is.

It's average, and mostly playable if you really need a football fix. That's about as much praise as I can really give it.
This. I went back to NCAA 09 on the PS2 after two seasons of '11 and have never purchased another one. Other than graphics, nothing seems better on current-gen.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Compared to 08, 09, & 10 on the 360/PS3, NCAA 11 was a HUGE LEAP forward far as graphics and game play. Then when you edited the rosters CORRECTLY, which so many on OS refuse to do but yet whine and complain something isn't right or working properly when as a USER you could easily correct YOURSELF, NCAA 11 was just flat out awesome.

Had no problems running the option.

Had no problems with the CPU running the option.

Had no problems with DEs not generating a pass rush.

Had no problems with Play action.

Had no problems with the kick off return game for the user or CPU.

Really had no problems with NCAA 11 period because I edited the rosters which I do every year for every sports game I play. If you rely on EA or 2K default rosters, then yeah, that is your personal problem since you have the ability to edit the rosters and can correct everything in the game yourself.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

So then when you are playing a dynasty, do you edit the rosters each year? PITA
Old 06-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwart
So then when you are playing a dynasty, do you edit the rosters each year? PITA
Yep...and with the editor it is 100 times easier and faster. Well that is if you have a 360, there is no editor for the PS3.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #21

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Made a nice leap from NCAAF 10. But was it the best this gen ? thats debatable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Compared to 08, 09, & 10 on the 360/PS3, NCAA 11 was a HUGE LEAP forward far as graphics and game play. Then when you edited the rosters CORRECTLY, which so many on OS refuse to do but yet whine and complain something isn't right or working properly when as a USER you could easily correct YOURSELF, NCAA 11 was just flat out awesome.

Had no problems running the option.

Had no problems with the CPU running the option.

Had no problems with DEs not generating a pass rush.

Had no problems with Play action.

Had no problems with the kick off return game for the user or CPU.

Really had no problems with NCAA 11 period because I edited the rosters which I do every year for every sports game I play. If you rely on EA or 2K default rosters, then yeah, that is your personal problem since you have the ability to edit the rosters and can correct everything in the game yourself.
I enjoy gaming, but I'm not about to spend a week going through and editing that many attributes just to get something to work the way it should have in the first place. And then when you play a dynasty, those new players are going to have to be edited too.

And that still won't fix the bad player movement, unrealistic pass speeds/trajectories, static OL/DL interactions, and "bowling pin" defenders. All of which are my biggest sources of frustration with NCAA 11 (and all the NCAA games for that matter).
Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #23
MVP

Only thing great about NCAA 11 was that it was better than 10. Someone stated that NCAA 11 is the current generation NCAA 2004.....Thats a BIG negative. Played NCAA 11 with the poker face just like every iteration this gen. If any game is going to compare to the last gen versions its going to be 14 for the simple fact that from the demo alone it made me raise by eyebrows and lean forward towards the screen slightly.

By the way, this is how I differentiate classic sports titles from trash:

1. Eyebrows raise, lean forward slightly with a mid level "oh **** that was nasty"!!!

2. Lean slightly forward towards the screen with a "yea go ahead and try that **** again and watch what happen"

3. Stand up, lean slightly forward with a mid to high level "Its crunch time baby, lets make it happen" (by this time I'm fully immersed and have made my transition into the world the devs are trying to sell me, hence why I'm talking like I'm on the field wolfin with my teammates)

If I do all that multiple times, or sometimes even just once, you have a classic on your hands. If not, its trash. No current gen football title has pulled that reaction from me. Last gen did. So, I'm with the thread starter, **** was no where near great. Flat out.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yep...and with the editor it is 100 times easier and faster. Well that is if you have a 360, there is no editor for the PS3.
Well I guess if you have a 360, don't care about online gaming, and are willing to spend a few hours every season tweaking the player ratings, then NCAA 11 is almost perfect. But that is a pretty small subset of people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »