Home

Realistic Coaching Careers

This is a discussion on Realistic Coaching Careers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Realistic Coaching Careers

I absolutely love starting my career with a small team building it up to respectability, then getting hired by a powerhouse and hopefully my dream job. But, I like having some realism and winning 90% of my games is not real. How do you guys play your dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: [B]Realistic Coaching Careers[/B]

Heisman gameplay, Heisman Recruiting.

1 * program play 50% (All Rivalry games) of the regular season schedule.
I just take the losses/key player injuries that come in the first couple of seasons and don't abort by any means.

I have a recruiting plan that i've used for the past few NCAA's and as tedious as it can be I stick to the script even if that means passing on a talented prospect that doesn't fit my scheme.

It normally takes me 4 seasons to even get to the 9-10 win total and in the hunt for conference championships. If I win two conference championships i'll move up to a conference that makes sense for my program geographically.

Stay loyal to what i've built. I like to stay with the program and I try to keep things fresh by changing up offensive scheme after about 6 or 7 seasons which is about the time i'd ideally move to a better conference.

It's what you make it as far as keeping interest.

Last edited by nikka; 06-29-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
Heisman gameplay, Heisman Recruiting.

1 * program play 50% (All Rivalry games) of the regular season schedule.
I also approach year 1 with a team in a similar way. You're going to take some losses that should and shouldn't happen (good for realism). Do you just keep whatever happens in the simmed games?

Also, if you get to 2 * do you play all 12 games or 3/4? Or neither?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
I absolutely love starting my career with a small team building it up to respectability, then getting hired by a powerhouse and hopefully my dream job. But, I like having some realism and winning 90% of my games is not real. How do you guys play your dynasty?
I play CPU vs CPU and I start with a 1-star program. When I leave one school going to the next, I can only go to a school that is 1-star higher than where my current school started, not where I have elevated them to. That'll make for a long progression to a big school.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Rookie

dcgc5's Arena

OVR: 9

I try to get sliders that make it difficult to win, I play only 2 or 3 games per year when I get to "big" schools (like 4 star or higher) and I try to run a realistic offense. Not slants slants slants crossing pattern slants slants. I think that 2012 had the ability to be really difficult I had a few seasons with Baylor where I won only 3-4 games and Baylor isn't a bad program so at a 1 star I would've been lucky to win at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

LOL @ trying to bold the title.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

In terms of keeping things realistic, the biggest thing that i do that keeps things slow-ish progression wise is only playing home games. This really helps keep things in check and slow down overall progression (prestige-wise) from winning too many unrealistic user games. This gives a huge home field advantage to my team as I play only home games and play better than the cpu sims. I love what this does when I get deep into my franchise and i'm aiming for a national title. When you get that year where all of your key games line up at home with conf schedule and I can pull those out - then hope for the best to not get upset on a road game. It really makes getting that NCG season mean much more as i know that not only did i play well enough to get there - but i built a team that could survive the road schedule as well.

A few other things i've noticed this helps with as well:
- Allows me to go deeper into my franchise than if i played every game
- Keeps me honest in the types of players I recruit. For example, if I'm playing all of my games I can get away with a QB with very low awareness if his other stats are solid for my system. If I take that same QB and sim games with him - very bad things are likely to happen.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
[B]Realistic Coaching Careers[/B]

Hmmm, I like the idea of only playing the home games and sort of creating more "home field advantage"

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-02-2013 at 10:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »