Home

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #33
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

I am going to try and implement my two back spread offense from last years game. So a lot of split looks with some dips into the pistol and the I, especially if the option game has improved as much as it has in the gun.

Very much a power spread game on O. Defensively, I want to try a 3-4 with a LOT of edge pressure from my OLBs IF pass rush actually works this year.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

As far as Defense, I will continue to use my Custom Multiple Defense. I have the 3-4 and 4-3 but since there is alot of spread offenses, I use a ton of Nickel. I run mainly Man-to-Man defense. I use backup fast LBs to get pressure on QBs in nickel formations.

DL-Not of major concern
LBs-Starter I want to be good in coverage and solid tacklers. Backups I want to be fast for blitzes.
CBs-6'0+ and 90+ Speed. I prefer Man Cov. Dont run much zone.
Safety- Zone Cov and solid TAK is main concern. Dont have my safeties in Man Cov.

For my defense. If I dont get pressure on QB, than we might get lit up. I mainly run zone in the red zone
Old 07-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Leach-like Raid like always.

May do some other dynasties though where I run an Urban Meyer spread, the triple shoot, and the pistol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

For my offense, I'll be going with an option offense. I won't restrict myself to one base formation like shotgun or pistol, because I like to run a base set of plays out of many formation variations to confuse the defense. I'll be using various flexbone, pistol, and shotgun sets. When I do need to pass the ball, I'll be making use of air raid concepts like mesh and shallow cross.

For my defense, I'll be going with a four man front, and the different variations that go with that. 4-3, 4-2-5, Nickel, Dime, etc...
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pro style offense and a 4-3 base defense.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #38
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

With all the talk being about offense, I'm wondering what kinds of defenses, and the strategy behind them, will be played. I plan on using what I call a spur40. It's your basic 40 front, the DTs are big run stuffers that can keep backers clean and play up and down the line. Penetration isn't a requirement from these guys although its an extra perk if they can do it. At DE I like bigger guys that are sound in the run, I do however usually try and get at least on pass rusher and put him in during passing situations. At the ILB spots they're almost 34 backers, big and play run first. In coverage they're mainly hash zone players. The Spurs are probably the hardest to find, big hard hitting S work best here but an undersized backer will do fine as well. They're main responsibility is to turn everything inside or "set the post" in the run and play flats to numbers in zone coverage. They're the most used players when blitzing. At Corner I look for long athletic coverage men. Good press rating is a plus as well, but if they can't do that I'll adjust accordingly. The Free is the most important player in my scheme, he needs great awareness and zone coverage to ball hawk the middle of the field. His run responsibility is the run the alley outside of the Spur and clean up anything off the edge. Because of these responsibilities I usually user control the Free.

As far as adjustments, I'll use a 34 and sub in the Spurs for the OLBs, keep a big DT and slide my DEs inside. This allows me to get an extra Saftey in the game. I can also do the same thing but keep in 4 down linemen and 1 ILB and use the Spurs as OLBs and give a 43 look. I prefer the 34 look though.

Nickel is where I have a blast, I keep the base personnel in and use my faster Spur as my 2nd Saftey. Essentially rolling the weakside Spur back away from a TE. I use the other Spur in a NB position. He maintains his contain responsibilities vs the run.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 08-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 5

I'll be running an offense based off of the Read Option. Defense, I'll be running a custom multiple book, I love the 5-2, 4-4, and nickle.

I dabble with the 3-3-5, and the 4-2-5 when necessary and my personnel allow for it.

Honestly, with Auburn, DT's are a tremendous strength for me starting my 2nd dynasty year. My secondary has a star, and the rest are below average. I'm trying to bolster lb's and my secondary next year through signing/training.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »