Home

Hardest State to Recruit Out of?

This is a discussion on Hardest State to Recruit Out of? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Hardest State to Recruit Out of?

i play with a downloaded montana griz team every year, and it's no picnic. i try and make all of the team attributes fair, (no A+ across the board, etc.), and it's a challenge every year. This year seems like it will be even harder due to the "dealbreakers" they've implemented during recruiting. i'm looking forward to a recruit in georgia not giving me a second look because i flat-out don't fit what he wants.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #18
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

dont forget about the northeast. maine, new hampshire and vermont only have a few players a year.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #19
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
dont forget about the northeast. maine, new hampshire and vermont only have a few players a year.
I was gonna say this, Alaska is probably your best bet, but this Northeast region is extremely weak and has bad pipelines as well

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 07-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Yeah, those are some of the worst. I took up Vermont and they dont produce but 4 to 6 recruits per year. There are a few states in proximity that have some talent and a number of small states that you can try and poach, but the sheer volume of teams in the region makes competition for the recruits very high......if you apply recruiting restrictions like only recruiting 3 star players (max) and only if they are interested in you. It makes you dive into the 2 star pool and look for Juco´s, which, the best ones are hard to get with the likes of Army and the MAC going after many of those guys.

With that said, Alaska would seem difficult. Me personally, I like a little more realism, which is why I stayed inside the 48.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
Campus Lifestyle D+

I'm not buying that for a second haha!
I thought I had it pretty low, so I decided to put in a copy of NCAA 13 and look at some schools ratings. After seeing that I still edged out New Mexico State, I decided to adjust it to D-. I thought I was being pretty fair with the ratings but I don't even have the option to match NMSU on academic prestige. All of my pitches are as low as they can go except for athletic facilities. I'm still wondering if that is fair to have one solid pitch. I noticed one time I was playing with a rebuilding program with a good pitch and when I improved to a 2* program they actually docked my good pitch. It was a pitch that was not effected by dynamic pitches. I expect it to gradually drop as the years go on, but I still don't know if it is realistic to do that.

While I was at it, I checked a few of the prospective states mentioned and saw Alaska had 5 prospects. There was a 3 star, 2 2 star and 2 1 star prospects. Surprisingly when I checked Hawaii they had a 5 star prospect and 23 prospects in total. I decided to open a new dynasty and saw that Hawaii generated another 5 star player and had about the same number of prospects.

Last edited by N.C.State; 07-01-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

What about Idaho? They usually only have 5-10 recruits, and any good ones go straight to Boise State. Wyoming and the Dakotas aren't the best Pipelines either
Old 07-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #23
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Penn State should be the most difficult state to recruit out of.
[/cheapshot]
Old 07-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 21

In general, pretty much any state without an FBS program (Montana, The Dakotas, several Northeastern states, and Alaska) is going to be a real pain to get any traction recruiting-wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »