Home

NCAA, no excitement anymore?

This is a discussion on NCAA, no excitement anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

OVR: 2
NCAA, no excitement anymore?

Ok let me start off saying I'm a 37 y/o man.(usually excited by the game coming out) Past years the excitement level has drastically changed around these forums. I remember in the past people were salivating to get this game early and peeps who had the game were giving perspectives of the game and etc..question is Has NCAA ran its course and change should come from EA or is it a dying game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA, no excitement anymore?

NCAA football on current gen has run its course. Its the same game with tweaks for several year now. I think the community has come to terms with the fact that its a $60 roster update.

Hopefully next gen isn't a port from current gen.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
NCAA football on current gen has run its course. Its the same game with tweaks for several year now. I think the community has come to terms with the fact that its a $60 roster update.

Hopefully next gen isn't a port from current gen.
Yea I don't know why that didn't register with me but yea that makes tons of sense. With next gen hopefully next year it will be more excitement.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Could be a number of things... next gen on the horizon, so people rather wait to see the new technology.

Also, those that buy the game every single, are most likely to be the most jaded towards the game. When they purchase a game year after year, and see minimal change year after year, then you see the complaints "The game never changes!".

Personally I buy my sports games every other year. I never buy a sports game back to back years because the changes are rarely drastic. When I wait 2-3 years to buy a series again, then it feels different. I always tell people, play Madden 10 then Madden 13, or MLB the Show 09 then 12, or NCAA 11 then 14 and see the differences.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Game is definitely not dead. IMO it's a 50/50 spilt right now between ppl who are excited and ppl taking a wait and see approach. Everyone in my annual NCAA leagues are fired up. As with any product when ppl like it they rarely review or give feedback. When ppl hate it they go on a mountain top with a bullhorn and tell the world.

EA hasn't made perfect games but with youtube and ppl who spend their days testing to break the game. Sports gaming has been changed forever. Offensive and Defensive Ebooks are big business. When the game releases I usually stay away from message boards for a while because the hate it -to- love it forums are usually 10:1.

Even within the Sim Faction there are conservative players who hate the idea of things like coach skills and Liberal Sim players who think it could be a cool addition. It really becomes a damned if you and damned if you don't situation.

Bottom line is if you are looking for hype this is probably the wrong place to find it in 2013.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
Could be a number of things... next gen on the horizon, so people rather wait to see the new technology.

Also, those that buy the game every single, are most likely to be the most jaded towards the game. When they purchase a game year after year, and see minimal change year after year, then you see the complaints "The game never changes!".

Personally I buy my sports games every other year. I never buy a sports game back to back years because the changes are rarely drastic. When I wait 2-3 years to buy a series again, then it feels different. I always tell people, play Madden 10 then Madden 13, or MLB the Show 09 then 12, or NCAA 11 then 14 and see the differences.
I understand your thinking in this to keep games fresh and new to you but to me that would suck.. I buy sports games every year because players get traded free agents and just new players. But I understand your logic in this..
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

mancavehawkeye's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm 35 and the problem I've had with the game is the amount of bugs and glitches that happen and never get fixed. EA Sports has a piss poor help forum/department and basically once the game is out they act like they don't care and that to me is disappointing.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancavehawkeye
I'm 35 and the problem I've had with the game is the amount of bugs and glitches that happen and never get fixed. EA Sports has a piss poor help forum/department and basically once the game is out they act like they don't care and that to me is disappointing.
Bingo.. That's how I feel about the series but my dumbarse keeps shelling out the 60 for it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »