Home

Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360???

This is a discussion on Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #73
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360???

I have played both. I kept the XBOX version simply because it didn't freeze at all. The PS3 version froze every time played it so I traded it.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have always had a Playstation but this game looked so awful on PS3 that i SOLD my PS3 and got a 360 and I am happy I did. The 360 version for me plays smoother and yes there are still a few jaggies but the PS3 version jaggies look like a staircase. The menus also scroll faster.

Plus games on 360 always seem to have editing programs for rosters and to me just seems like the 360 is always more user friendly for sports games when modding.

I have always played NCAA football on Playstation since the 90's, the freaking 90's!! and 2014 was so bad graphically I switched and luckily for me it really looks and plays better and smoother.

Not a hat*r of either system, just going to use the system that works for what I like to play.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 08-05-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #75
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I bought both retail versions. Get the 360. Graphics are better, it runs smoother and the controller is tighter. win/win/win
This. As someone else has stated, I am clueless as to how PS3 gets the nod in categories of graphics, framerate, colors or performance. And with the exception of NCAA 11, all of EA's football games have looked better on the 360 (and all of 2K's games too).

The slowdown on PS3 during the no huddle menus are unacceptable, and the jaggies are bountiful.

PS3 NCAA 14 is not as bad as it was for NCAA 12 or 13, but NCAA 11 is still the best looking NCAA on PS3 to-date.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #76
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Can someone tell me if EA makes the sports games for 360 and ports them over to PS3? The GameStop employee told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said that to him.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
Can someone tell me if EA makes the sports games for 360 and ports them over to PS3? The GameStop employee told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said that to him.
I've always heard the same thing. Its from a few yrs back but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Thats why the PS3 version is always a little sluggish and not quite as crisp in color and contrast as the 360 version.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #78
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420

Sadly the more I have looked into the more and more I see that almost all dual platform games are designed specifically for the 360 and ported to PS3.

Now the PS3 is the overall better machine and works much smoother machine because of its processor however because of this the popular opinion (especially with studios) is that making a game for the 360 framework and porting it to ps3 is much easier than making it for ps3 and porting it to 360, otherwise we would see a much different product for both systems (think of the difference between madden on 360 or ps3 vs. Madden on Wii) so instead of having to make two separate games to work with two different frameworks they instead make it for the easiest framework and then port it (while trying to work out the kinks that the ps3 framework presents with the coding) to the more complex framework.

This is why when you see ps3 exclusive titles, they look light years better than 360 games. That said a game made for the ps3 framework could not be ported over to 360 as the coding would over load the system and crash it (think of the difference between running the highest quality visuals on a game on a top of the line gaming pc and a mediocre one and you'll understand what I mean). The ps3 is able to handle running coding written for 360 (modified a bit of course) while not the other way around and this is why studios make that decision.

This is obviously just interpretation and has never been outright confirmed because it would then put Sony in a bad place when it comes to multi-platform games and that would be bad for business all around (seeing as studios get paid and sometimes more to put out a game on both systems). This is however perceived to be the closest to the truth as we can tell.

This is also why I believe the next-gen systems are very, very similar except for the ram, so neither system gets burned this time around.

Last edited by Ampking101; 08-22-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0

welp, if you're planning on using custom stadium sounds, get ps3. it doesn't work on 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »