Home

Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360???

This is a discussion on Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360???

I played more of the demo to make more comparisons. I have decided to get the PS3 version for the first time ever.

One reason I thinke the PS3 version looks so much better for me is because my 360 is hooked up with component cables (older model 360) and PS3 with HDMI.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for you guys input. This is the million dollar question every year for me. Like others have said:

XBOX pros-better controls, smoother menu, overall smoother framerate
XBOX cons- somewhat burry image, gameplay lag/skipping

PS3 pros- clear and precise image, colors pop a tad more
PS3 cons- jaggies, menu lag, looser controls

Hope this helps someone cause I'm still jumping back and forth lol.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Could someone that has both versions take screenshots of each to compare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #52
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I downloaded the early release on the 360 and compared it to the PS3 demo. The PS3 version is sharper and the colors more vibrant. The 360 has the better controller but I don't think it runs smoother.

I'm going with the PS3 version and if needed will pick up a 3rd party controller.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #53
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

A question for those who have played the PS3 and 360 versions of the game.

The game on the PS3 looks fine to me on my set-up, but what I have been reading and what I have seen in the past (watching older versions of the game on the PS3), I am a little concerned. Did the game look better in the demo than it does in the retail/season ticket version of the game?

Because if the 2 versions look the same then I shouldn't have to worry about the game looking bad (at least not on my end). However if the game looked great in the demo but now in the full version you are experiencing the issues some of you described that may be a dealbreaker for me.

I'm really wanting to pick this up on the PS3, because I don't have Wifi on my 360 and have to connect to the internet using my laptop in my dorm (we only have wifi, no wired connections, so I have to plug my ethernet into my laptop to get internet). And if the servers for NFUT14 are anything like the ones for MUT13 then it would be a huge pain in the arse to use that mode for certain stretches of the day (it is awful starting around primetime), and I plan on using that mode a lot.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 07-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #54
Rookie

TwinCitiesJHawk's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I downloaded the early release on the 360 and compared it to the PS3 demo. The PS3 version is sharper and the colors more vibrant. The 360 has the better controller but I don't think it runs smoother.

I'm going with the PS3 version and if needed will pick up a 3rd party controller.
ive been using the power A fus1on controller from amazon and its the closest one to the xbox that i have used, only downside is its wired.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #55
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Iceman, looks like you don't have much choice but to go with PS3. It looks quite a bit better anyways on PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #56
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
A question for those who have played the PS3 and 360 versions of the game.

The game on the PS3 looks fine to me on my set-up, but what I have been reading and what I have seen in the past (watching older versions of the game on the PS3), I am a little concerned. Did the game look better in the demo than it does in the retail/season ticket version of the game?

Because if the 2 versions look the same then I shouldn't have to worry about the game looking bad (at least not on my end). However if the game looked great in the demo but now in the full version you are experiencing the issues some of you described that may be a dealbreaker for me.

I'm really wanting to pick this up on the PS3, because I don't have Wifi on my 360 and have to connect to the internet using my laptop in my dorm (we only have wifi, no wired connections, so I have to plug my ethernet into my laptop to get internet). And if the servers for NFUT14 are anything like the ones for MUT13 then it would be a huge pain in the arse to use that mode for certain stretches of the day (it is awful starting around primetime), and I plan on using that mode a lot.
I honestly don't think the ps3 version looks as good as the 360 version. I have retail version on 360 but demos on both. The controls are the same but visually I think it looks better on the 360. The ps3 looks bland and real simple while the xbox version is lively. I am very happy with the game, the only thing I hate is the zone on D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »