Home

NCAA 14 pre ordering

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 pre ordering within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 14 pre ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparkmin
download it at midnight that why me and him want preorder it on psn then download it at midnight
You cavemen want to do what now?

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 07-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
You cavemen want to do what now?
I don't know if PSN does it but some game delivery systems (like Steam on PC) will let you pre-load the game, so that when it releases you don't have to download it and then play, you can just play. So you'll have it on your harddrive from preload time to release time, and then when release time happens you download a couple small things and it's ready to go. It's a really good system for spreading out the big server requirements when a big game comes out.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
Pro

bbking26's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I don't know if PSN does it but some game delivery systems (like Steam on PC) will let you pre-load the game, so that when it releases you don't have to download it and then play, you can just play. So you'll have it on your harddrive from preload time to release time, and then when release time happens you download a couple small things and it's ready to go. It's a really good system for spreading out the big server requirements when a big game comes out.
that would be nice

Arizona State will bounce back this year too.

The Cubs will end the streak next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 02:21 AM   #12
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Never having pre ordered a game before, I am skeptical as to how it works. I'd love to have the game on the 5th to play for the weekend, but how do I know if we can pre load and play it on the 5th... I'm quite confused and can't find a cut and dry answer. Plus with the origin/Psn debacle a year or two ago, I don't know what accounts even work anymore hah
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Never having pre ordered a game before, I am skeptical as to how it works. I'd love to have the game on the 5th to play for the weekend, but how do I know if we can pre load and play it on the 5th... I'm quite confused and can't find a cut and dry answer. Plus with the origin/Psn debacle a year or two ago, I don't know what accounts even work anymore hah
I don't think thats how the PS3 preorder works, but don't take my thought as gospel. I think that the only way that you will get the game on the 5th other than someone breaking the street date would be with the Season Pass. My season pass is showing the game will be available for download on the 5th at 6pm.

I think that the PS3 download of the full game would be available on the 9th at 12am, but thats just a guess.

I do hope you get it early.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7
I don't think thats how the PS3 preorder works, but don't take my thought as gospel. I think that the only way that you will get the game on the 5th other than someone breaking the street date would be with the Season Pass. My season pass is showing the game will be available for download on the 5th at 6pm.

I think that the PS3 download of the full game would be available on the 9th at 12am, but thats just a guess.

I do hope you get it early.
Thank you for the coherent and thoughtful response lol; quite refreshing. I think you're right - in which case ill just go to a nearby store that's doing a midnight release like I always do and not sleep Monday night

How do u get season pass, it's extra $, no?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Season Pass is 24.99 for a year subscription, and it gives you benefits to some of the EA titles. You can buy the EA Season Pass in the PSN Store.

One thing I don't understand is some people say the Season Pass allows you to get the game 3 days early, while others say you can download some version of it 3 days early, but then you have to download the rest of it on Tuesday when it comes out.

If the EA Season Pass allows you to get the game 3 days early, then why are some people saying you have to download the "full version" of the game on Tuesday. So you get a half version of the game early through EA Season Pass?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Season Pass is 24.99 for a year subscription, and it gives you benefits to some of the EA titles. You can buy the EA Season Pass in the PSN Store.

One thing I don't understand is some people say the Season Pass allows you to get the game 3 days early, while others say you can download some version of it 3 days early, but then you have to download the rest of it on Tuesday when it comes out.

If the EA Season Pass allows you to get the game 3 days early, then why are some people saying you have to download the "full version" of the game on Tuesday. So you get a half version of the game early through EA Season Pass?
I can shed a little light on this.
Basically the version that you download from the Season Pass is a timed version, meaning it stops being available or usable I think sometime on Monday before the game comes out. I heard that you can keep using it as long as you are not connected to the internet, but I dont know for sure. It is a full version of the game, you just cant use it past a certain date and have to download or insert the retail version of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »