Home

Will NCAA '14 Dynasties Support College Football Playoffs in 2015+?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA '14 Dynasties Support College Football Playoffs in 2015+? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Will NCAA '14 Dynasties Support College Football Playoffs in 2015+?

Does anybody know if NCAA '14 will support the new College Football Playoff system that is set to take place for the 2014 season, replacing the BCS? I have a bad feeling that I know my answer already (no) but since the 2014 season will be the first to have the new College Football Playoff, will NCAA '14 have that as an option in dynasty mode for the 2014 (and beyond) season?

I remember Bill Walsh College Football had the option to use bowl games or a playoff system to end the season. I wish that the new games allowed for that, particularly the new system set to be instituted next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Will NCAA '14 Dynasties Support College Football Playoffs in 2015+?

Your hunch was correct. There are no playoffs at all in the game.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Dizezed's Arena

OVR: 0

Remember the company you're talking about here. You are correct.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Bummer... Thanks!

Just Googled for an official word, too:

Quote:
"The BCS will continue as the post-season format for all years of Dynasty," an EA representative told me on behalf of NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller.

"We don’t yet have all the info about how the playoff system will work, including who will make up the selection committee and what their criteria will be for picking the playoff teams, and it’s our policy to not include anything in-game that hasn’t been approved and finalized by the NCAA," he explained.
This explanation really strikes me as an easy way out. For instance, the NCAA would allow them to institute a fantasy trading card game where players are given imaginary contracts to play for your school, but they won't allow them to implement a system that exists in real life -- albeit 12 months away?

Alas.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Bummer... Thanks!

This explanation really strikes me as an easy way out. For instance, the NCAA would allow them to institute a fantasy trading card game where players are given imaginary contracts to play for your school, but they won't allow them to implement a system that exists in real life -- albeit 12 months away?

Alas.
How are the two related? Not even the conferences know fully how the playoff will work so it makes sense that it's not in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue10989
How are the two related? Not even the conferences know fully how the playoff will work so it makes sense that it's not in the game.
Honesty outside of 4 teams being in the playoff I really don't understand anything else about it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't understand why EA can't just take the already known facts and just use a realistic formula to determine the four teams? I know that they aren't sure how the committee will be chosen, or which cities will bid for the championship every year, but can't they just use a formula like they made to simulate the BCS and then just randomly pick a championship site from some of the major locations already in the game?
I am sure most fans would be ok with this since they won't be able to perfectly replicate the system even when they do learn all of the details.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Bummer... Thanks!

Alas.
The part that hasn't been approved by the NCAA yet is the playoff system itself - not EA's usage of a playoff system. That was my interpretation of that quote, anyways.

It would be irresponsible to just take a guess at what the official playoff system will look like. However, I agree that it'd be nice to have customizable postseason play with the option of different playoff systems. Just for kicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »