Home

LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL?

This is a discussion on LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #49
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
I don't see NCAA Football ending any time soon. Pastapadre put out an article a while back explaining that even on the off chance that the case goes to trial and O'Bannon and Co. win, there would inevitably be a lengthy appeals process that would last until about 2020. That's 7 years - a solid console generation away.

The judge's gender is pretty irrelevant here and I don't know why you brought that up.

I don't think its an off chance, i highly doubt the judge is going to throw it out. It will probably end up being a partial certification, which would be considered a victory for NCAA & EA.

Her judgement will not come anytime soon most likely, this may still be a topic coming next july.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
I don't see NCAA Football ending any time soon. Pastapadre put out an article a while back explaining that even on the off chance that the case goes to trial and O'Bannon and Co. win, there would inevitably be a lengthy appeals process that would last until about 2020. That's 7 years - a solid console generation away.

The judge's gender is pretty irrelevant here and I don't know why you brought that up.
mainly because there are 10000x more male football fans than female. Women make decisions based off of emotions rather than facts in most cases. And tho judges are suppose to just go off "LAWS" they don't they go off their personal opinions and have the leniency to do so. If you don't think that's the case you are very naive.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #51
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

We haven't heard news of this anywhere so what reason do we have to trust some random GameStop employee that makes like $9 an hour?

At worst, I think they may make it where we won't see realistic players because of the lawsuits but I think there would still be a game.

EA is still making money of it so why would they stop?
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #52
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
mainly because there are 10000x more male football fans than female. Women make decisions based off of emotions rather than facts in most cases. And tho judges are suppose to just go off "LAWS" they don't they go off their personal opinions and have the leniency to do so. If you don't think that's the case you are very naive.

Mind blown, I was unaware that women make decisions based off emotion and not reason or facts. If this is the case, women should no longer be making decisions.

My guess is she'll use the facts and be less biased than a male judge, who might have more of a vested interest
Old 07-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy

Mind blown, I was unaware that women make decisions based off emotion and not reason or facts. If this is the case, women should no longer be making decisions.

My guess is she'll use the facts and be less biased than a male judge, who might have more of a vested interest

anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesnt die should not be making decisions...lol just sayin
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornfan
What I don't understand is this. Even if O'bannon and Keller win the lawsuit, couldn't EA still be able to make a game with fictional players? After about three seasons you are playing with fictional players anyway. The lawsuit is all about using a players likeness, not NCAA football and it's use of universities in a video game. NCAA football is probably the second most popular sport in this country and I really have a hard time believing they would not continue to make this game.
Yeah. We all wait for the OS rosters anyway. As long as they keep the file share options for rosters, we could still be happy lol.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed
Yeah. We all wait for the OS rosters anyway. As long as they keep the file share options for rosters, we could still be happy lol.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
agreed....I don't see why everyone always has to yell the sky is falling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #56
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornfan
What I don't understand is this. Even if O'bannon and Keller win the lawsuit, couldn't EA still be able to make a game with fictional players? After about three seasons you are playing with fictional players anyway. The lawsuit is all about using a players likeness, not NCAA football and it's use of universities in a video game. NCAA football is probably the second most popular sport in this country and I really have a hard time believing they would not continue to make this game.

I agree 100%

I would think (or hope,) that EA would simply make a game using everything they do now, but not make the players anything like they are in real life.

If there's a scrambling QB that's black, make him white and less athletic.

Would be annoying? Yes, but it would only mean we would have to do more tweaking once we get the game.

The NCAA doesn't care. They've been dealing with EA and have never shied away from gaming until these two knuckleheads started the lawsuit.

And this is a long shot, but if NCAA athletes ever get paid for playing college sports, this issue would be gone. There's always been talk about it, even some big name coaches think it should happen. Will it? Who knows? But if it does ever happen this issue will disappear because they could be compensated for their likeness in the game. Heck, we might not even have to name rosters anymore! LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »