Home

Injury ratings

This is a discussion on Injury ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Injury ratings

In years past, only certain positions and never O linemen would get injured. If this year sees the same thing, how will everyone (if at all) edit their teams rosters to allow realistic amount of injuries to your players? This adds the element and importance of roster depth and can really make or break the realism of the game IMO. I have a system that I use to reduce the injury ratings of players but I've still yet to have an off Linemen ever go Down
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Injury ratings

Bump . Character ct
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

OVR: 1

Last edited by B-Lo-Z-Ro; 09-26-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I see that an older thread was bumped and I guess original post was in reference to the coming of '13.

It's still a valid point/question, so I checked my records and can report that I've had a grand total of ONE offensive line suffer an injury in all of my '13 and '14 playing time. (29 dynasty seasons altogether.)

In year 13 of my current NCAA '14 Dynasty, I had my LG go out for the game with a "foot strain" in the second quarter. I keep some highlight and injury notes on each of my games, and I knew I had seen one injury- so I searched and found it and I had written "rare OL injury" with it. So it can happen, but it's extremely rare.

The only other occurrence of an offensive lineman getting injured during a played game was a special teams play where the CPU had one get hurt on punt coverage. But that almost doesn't count because he was injured during the return, so he was actually acting in a defensive role.

I take the time to edit certain attributes for all of my incoming players, including the injury rating. Here's what I've been modifying for injury rating: (my team only)

all incoming offensive players: deduct 20 injury rating points from every position.
all incoming defensive players: deduct 40 injury rating points from every position.

I have found that significantly reducing the injury rating is absolutely effective for all positions......except the offensive linemen. I have plenty of injuries happening (prob too much). With the -40 to defensive players, I see a fairly realistic number of injuries for defensive linemen and linebackers, and prob too many for DB's. I also have a bit high injury rate for running backs and qb's with the -20.

Now I realize I need to try a deduction of, say -60 to OL players to see if that helps at all.

I've also noticed that the CPU is suffering some OL player injuries in simulated games, as I often see them listed in the pregame injury report that you can view as each game is loading. But for whatever reason, in game OL injuries just aren't there.

Has anyone else seen a legit OL injury??
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 10-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #5
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

I've played at a very slow pace with this game. Only in my sixth dynasty season. My mobile quarterback has had two injuries that have kept him out for four weeks. I think I had a couple of defensive backs get long-term injuries, but very late in the season when it didn't matter. Meanwhile, the CPU team always comes to play me with three guys of various positions (including O-line) out with injuries. I wish there were injury sliders like in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I've played at a very slow pace with this game. Only in my sixth dynasty season. My mobile quarterback has had two injuries that have kept him out for four weeks. I think I had a couple of defensive backs get long-term injuries, but very late in the season when it didn't matter. Meanwhile, the CPU team always comes to play me with three guys of various positions (including O-line) out with injuries. I wish there were injury sliders like in Madden.
Using the editor (especially using the Export/Import feature), you can make mass edits to the PINJ Tab (Injuries) to alter the probability of injury occurrence.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Oraeon1224 had a great system for lowering injury ratings for various positions but sadly it didn't work in 2014. It worked like a charm in NCAA 12 and 13, but not in 14.

It sucks because in the pervious titles when I would implement Oraeon1224's injury ratings I'd see various positions have injuries for multiple weeks at times. I remember losing my senior center (James Ferenrtz for Iowa) for 8 weeks and it really messed with my o-line depth.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

Last edited by Herky; 10-07-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, in simmed games I've had a few O Line injuries. In general get at worst maybe 5-6 in a year over all positions, trying to think how many are on the line but I'd guess 1 or 2.

In games I've played it's usually just HBs and maybe a QB who go down, might have had a WR once or twice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »