Home

Rumors True??: No Roster Creation; No Teambuilder

This is a discussion on Rumors True??: No Roster Creation; No Teambuilder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2022, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rumors True??: No Roster Creation; No Teambuilder

Just saw a video that posted rumored new in game things EA Sports NCAA Football 2024 and they mentioned you would not be able to adjust rosters or download new rosters.

Also no mention of Teambuilder....I was wondering if anyone had heard or knew of any updates with the new game?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2022, 10:03 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Rumors True??: No Roster Creation; No Teambuilder

The "no roster editing" was and is a common point of speculation. Most often, it has come up as a possibility if the college football game is released without any agreement to use college football players name, image, and likeness rights.

NCAA Football 14 was killed off in part because it facilitated the violation of players' NIL rights via approximate likenesses released with the base game in combination with roster editing functionality.

EA Sports has not commented officially on the matter either way at this point.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

With teambuilder I would expect it to be in the game but not a website like it was for the ps3. MLB the show has a full art program and stadium builder in the game.

I'll be very surprised if NCAA football 23 doesn't include some form of teambuilder.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
With teambuilder I would expect it to be in the game but not a website like it was for the ps3. MLB the show has a full art program and stadium builder in the game.

I'll be very surprised if NCAA football 23 doesn't include some form of teambuilder.
I just hope they allow you to upload logos somehow. This is my biggest turnoff to The Show's creation suite. Selfishly, I don't have enough time to bash my head in trying to replicate a logo when it's not in my wheelhouse and I'm going to come out with a C+ at best when I'm done.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:32 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron84ka
Just saw a video that posted rumored new in game things EA Sports NCAA Football 2024 and they mentioned you would not be able to adjust rosters or download new rosters.

Also no mention of Teambuilder....I was wondering if anyone had heard or knew of any updates with the new game?

Thanks!

Are you able to provide a link to that video?

So, let's say they are able to get the licensing deal done, and still decide that there will be no roster editing, I wonder if they will provide us roster updates during the season like in Madden? If all we get is the base roster that ships with the game itself, no way it will be accurate? Now, if they don't ink the deal then it doesn't matter anyway because the players will be fictitious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Are you able to provide a link to that video?

So, let's say they are able to get the licensing deal done, and still decide that there will be no roster editing, I wonder if they will provide us roster updates during the season like in Madden? If all we get is the base roster that ships with the game itself, no way it will be accurate? Now, if they don't ink the deal then it doesn't matter anyway because the players will be fictitious.
There have been articles stating EA plans to get real players in the game and that they will provide roster updates regularly.

I expect this to be what happens. We'll get real players and official updates. I'm more confident if that is the case we'll have the ability to edit rosters. I have no confidence at all that TeamBuilder returns regardless if we have real rosters or not. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes it in.

― Plato
Old 10-04-2022, 08:19 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

I would be very surprised there would be any form of TeamBuilder if you cannot edit team rosters. Without a roster edit function, your custom teams would have to consist of existing rosters that were distributed with the game. Allowing you to edit TeamBuilder rosters would provide a backdoor to the functionality they wanted to prevent with non-editable rosters. I think a TeamBuilder function requires editable rosters.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
There have been articles stating EA plans to get real players in the game and that they will provide roster updates regularly.

I expect this to be what happens. We'll get real players and official updates. I'm more confident if that is the case we'll have the ability to edit rosters. I have no confidence at all that TeamBuilder returns regardless if we have real rosters or not. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes it in.
I do not foresee them not letting you edit rosters. If anything, I think they would just not have a platform where you could share them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »