Home

How are your schools recruiting pitches?

This is a discussion on How are your schools recruiting pitches? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
Rookie

WildeCane's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How are your schools recruiting pitches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippyBeaver
Crappy, OSU just received a multi million dollar renovation to their practice facilities (new turfing, new equipment, new 25,000 dollar sound system in the indoor center) and it received a c+, OSU's campus is rated one of the best in the country on a regular basis, received a B, and OSU has one of the best engineering programs in the country, plus the third highest student athlete GPA in the pac-12 and academic prestige received a b. I'll work all these things up but meh, it's a pain in the arse
OSU is ranked 139 in the nation by us news....its a public school in oregon...what do u expect hahahaha cant even compare it with usc, nd, michigan etc
Chi Bulls
Old 07-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

What is USC and texas and Miami pitches
Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
What does everyone think of their school's recruiting pitches? I know you can't over power them, but one in particular is bugging me. Georgia Tech randomly got their athletic facilities decreased to C+ this year despite getting an indoor practice facility + weight room payed for by Coca Cola. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Any pitches bugging y'all?

I could be wrong, but the pitches don't represent real life. They represent a part of the "game."

Athletic facilities have to do with wins, or something. Fan base has to do with home wins.

I don't know what they are. I remember seeing them on the "My School," section in recruiting.

So, as far as I know, GT getting a new real life athletic facility has nothing to do with what athletic facility represents in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

what is usc and texas pitches?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Everyone thinks their schools ratings should be better
When you update your Athletic Facilities like Tech has over the past few years your rating shouldn't be dropping, at the very least it should be staying the same.

Given Tech's Academic Reputation, an A+ is entirely appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
I could be wrong, but the pitches don't represent real life. They represent a part of the "game."

Athletic facilities have to do with wins, or something. Fan base has to do with home wins.

I don't know what they are. I remember seeing them on the "My School," section in recruiting.

So, as far as I know, GT getting a new real life athletic facility has nothing to do with what athletic facility represents in the game.
It seems odd that they would give different names to those things then.

When you pitch your school to a recruit in real life, athletic facilities have to do with your facilities, it is very misleading to give that term another meaning. I can understand if you increase Athletic Facilities rating by winning games (especially since you can't really add new facilities in the game to improve that rating), but the base that you start with should be reflective of the real life facilities (and fanbase, academics and all of those).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
When you update your Athletic Facilities like Tech has over the past few years your rating shouldn't be dropping, at the very least it should be staying the same.

When you pitch your school to a recruit in real life, athletic facilities have to do with your facilities, it is very misleading to give that term another meaning. I can understand if you increase Athletic Facilities rating by winning games (especially since you can't really add new facilities in the game to improve that rating), but the base that you start with should be reflective of the real life facilities (and fanbase, academics and all of those).

Depends on how EA does these ratings which we are never told. Even with Techs upgrades I'm sure those facilities aren't up there with Oregon, Okla State, Texas etc. so if its comparative ratings based on other schools then techs rating should be around the same of previous years if its based on how new the facilities are then techs rating should be higher.

The Canes are building new facilities i don't expect them to have an A+ rating just because the facilities are new. They are still way behind the schools I mentioned above.

Last edited by dghustla; 07-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT

Yeah, but they have to make it in a way that any school can make their athletic facilities better. Take a small school that has no money in real life that won't ever have upgrades. By EA tying the various pitches to the player (video game player,) you are able to upgrade pitches based on performance not the school's real life counterpart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Depends on how EA does these ratings which we are never told. Even with Techs upgrades I'm sure those facilities aren't up there with Oregon, Okla State, Texas etc. so if its comparative ratings based on other schools then techs rating should be around the same of previous years if its based on how new the facilities are then techs rating should be higher.

The Canes are building new facilities i don't expect them to have an A+ rating just because the facilities are new. They are still way behind the schools I mentioned above.
I'm not expecting ours to jump up drastically, I don't think its unrealistic to expect it to move up half a letter grade with the changes. But when you make the upgrades Tech has, your rating shouldn't drop, which is what happened between '13 and '14.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »