Home

PS3 Jaggies

This is a discussion on PS3 Jaggies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #49
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PS3 Jaggies

Quote:
I think players look fine. Just the rest, the motionless sidelines and cardboard cutout fans.
I've never played a game on an Xbox system, but the sidelines have always looked like crap to me. Thats just the way its always been. I wont have 14 until Tuesday night, but 13's player graphics seemed good to me. Not as good as Madden, but fine. If 14 is the same, then thats ok to me.

I play on a 55" Samsung LED.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #50
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

PS3 was outdated the day it came out. Look at Madden 07 on PC. Recommended 256MB of ram. Same as what the PS3 has. In 7 years EA is still being forced to use 256MB of ram. Now very rarely does a game come out where it doesn't need at least 1GB of ram. You cant blame EA for sidelines and crowd. They just dont have what they need.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0
My tv looks nothing like that. I'm pretty sure that's your tv bro. I play on a 46" Samsung LCD that's about 4 yrs old and looks 20x better than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #52
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWGSfanBC23
My tv looks nothing like that. I'm pretty sure that's your tv bro. I play on a 46" Samsung LCD that's about 4 yrs old and looks 20x better than that.
This is not what the default PS3 version looks like. I've tried it on an LCD, LED, IPS/TN/AMVA/PLS PC Monitors, 1080p and 720p display and they all looked roughly the same (720p, looking the best, no upscaling involved). This is on a replay, not actual line of scrimmage gameplay.

Last edited by Philstat; 07-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #53
Rookie

^^ that looks like a replay anyway, certainly not in game footage. anyway there is no denying this, other than maybe '11 ncaa has always looked liked garbage on ps3.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #54
Just started!

Lol are we looking at the same picture bro? The pic of the Texas Tech wr with one handed catch? Definitely nowhere near blurry on an iPhone 4S.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #55
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunless
^^ that looks like a replay anyway, certainly not in game footage. anyway there is no denying this, other than maybe '11 ncaa has always looked liked garbage on ps3.
I meant to reference the same thing, this is on a replay - not actual gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

How is it a BS image if he made adjustments on his tv to make it look better? I calibrated each tv in my house to get the best image available. All I know is that the ps3 graphics are not as terrible as people are making them out to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »