Home

recruiting too boring?

This is a discussion on recruiting too boring? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: recruiting too boring?

I like it 1000x better than the old outdated phone call system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
Better or worse than previous years is a matter of taste, but in the end, IMO there needs to be realistic results to make the game viable, else we have to house-rule recruiting like we do with sliders, money plays etc. I just read a post by a gamer who is OC in his first year at Army and claims he's number one on the top two players in the country. That is not encouraging for anyone looking for realism.
I'm using Kansas, and I'm finding it very difficult to get a lead with the 4-star recruits. When the leading team is getting 300-400 bonus points every week and I'm only getting 100, I just don't have a chance. I lose ground every week even if I commit 500 points to them. Last year, I could make a bunch of promises to a recruit in week 1 and move to near the top of their list.

There are a couple of 4-star recruits that I'm in the lead on because they weren't being recruited very heavily.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gotta disagree, I find it to be *much* less tedious than the phone call system in previous versions. The time that needs to be spent week to week on recruiting is much more variable now.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #28
Rookie

jcabler24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Maybe next gen they will have "grade issue" guys who might not qualify. So that would be not as a shocker. If it were me, I would recruit him, if I got him I would flip a coin. 50/50 odds he qualifies. If I pick wrong I would cut him. Adds a little bit of realism to it to take some of that edge of NCAA letting you down.
I did something similar last season. Each recruiting class I had I would type the results in Excel then do a random number and whatever recruit it landed on they wouldn't qualify and get cut.

Kept it fresh and added some story to my dynasty. Got screwed when the top recruit (WR) was the one to get cut, but I stuck with it
Dallas Mavericks
Follow me @JeremyCabler
Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #29
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

The logic is much improved. The visit bonus is fantastic and allows visits to matter. Late season wars over recruits never happened and now they are rampant. Love it. Much more realistic.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
It is definitely more difficult and more realistic, but also less interactive. Overall, I like it. I think it's deeper than in the past, but yet requires less time. You pick your prospects, set your points and then adjust instead of having to do the same thing every week.

My biggest issue is that the recruiting board doesn't give you an overview like previous years. I miss being able to see where I stand, if I've offered, when they're visiting, etc. Now, you have to go to each individual recruit to get that info.
If you're playing on PS3 press the L2 button (if on Xbox press the corresponding button,) and you can break it down even further: no scholarship offer, want visit, has visit, in recruiting battle,etc.etc.

I felt the same way, but you can actually shrink down the list to look at any scenario. In previous years it was all on one page, now you can see the same things but one at a time.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #31
Just started!

Vengeaaance's Arena

OVR: 4

Now I have nothing to do on bye weeks anymore I loved the old system possibly because I new how to break it. If you see someone with alabama on his top he was a gem 9/10 and with smaller schools i would get him, and he was usually 75+, but I have not played the new one yet, I have watched plenty of streams/Videos and looking at it, it is more realistic but now a 8 year old can beat u out of a recruit by just putting 500 points on someone, I like both aspects of Skill and Realism but when a 8 year old can beat you, then theres a problem, no real way of pitching your school to the player to make them commit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #32
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Week 3 of my dynasty and the #1 RB has no offers. Gonna swoop in unchallenged with SMU.

Not much has changed.
That's very unfortunate. Part of that problem lies with scouting. Since they introduced that feature with gems and busts, the big time schools figure out the top ranked busts and don't recruit them. This is not right because those big schools sign the top ranked guys, then figure out they are busts. But now, they find out before hand, stop recruiting them, and allow lower teams to swoop in and pick up a big recruit.

On another note, I don't have the game yet but am very much looking forward to a revamped recruiting system without the ridiculous call system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »