Home

recruiting too boring?

This is a discussion on recruiting too boring? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Right now it seem like the 30minute recruiting weeks are over for me, but for the past 2 NCAA I felt they were making recruiting way too user-friendly and the amount of 4 or 5 star talent a 2 star team could pick up was ridiculous. The new system I hope is just a barebones version of what they have in mind and hopefully by next year they bring the full experience into the product.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: recruiting too boring?

I like the new recruiting... With a few upgrades, the whole scouting process is a lot quicker. The initial week takes some time, but after that it goes bye pretty quick. 14 is better than 13 and better than 12 with the roulette wheel pitches.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #35
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
That's very unfortunate. Part of that problem lies with scouting. Since they introduced that feature with gems and busts, the big time schools figure out the top ranked busts and don't recruit them. This is not right because those big schools sign the top ranked guys, then figure out they are busts. But now, they find out before hand, stop recruiting them, and allow lower teams to swoop in and pick up a big recruit.

On another note, I don't have the game yet but am very much looking forward to a revamped recruiting system without the ridiculous call system.
But it isnt just Busts. The real problem is good, or even Gem, 4 stars will also go unrecruited. When I was UTSA, I got a 79 DE, a 78 WR, and a 78 OLB. All of them were 4 stars. Plenty of 3* gems also go untouched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #36
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
But it isnt just Busts. The real problem is good, or even Gem, 4 stars will also go unrecruited. When I was UTSA, I got a 79 DE, a 78 WR, and a 78 OLB. All of them were 4 stars. Plenty of 3* gems also go untouched.
I understand you shouldn't have to do it, but why not just not recruit those guys? Just pretend they arnt there.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #37
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcabler24
I did something similar last season. Each recruiting class I had I would type the results in Excel then do a random number and whatever recruit it landed on they wouldn't qualify and get cut.

Kept it fresh and added some story to my dynasty. Got screwed when the top recruit (WR) was the one to get cut, but I stuck with it
That is a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing. Did you put that in the thread about keeping your dynasty fresh about a week ago?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #38
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I lve the new system. It's fast, it's effective, and IMO it makes sense

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well after reading some of you guys' experiences with recruiting, I think i'm gonna have to implement my house rules I used in '13.

Can only recruit players who are initially interested in you, or who are only 1 star above your school's prestige rating.

Just suck cuz I thought that they would have made recruiting a lot more difficult and realistic, but oh well...

I believe it was '12 where recruiting on heisman was ridiculously hard. Kinda wish it was still like that.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't have the game yet, but I am glad to hear most say it is quicker. Recruiting time has always been a complaint of mine, should not take 30min or more to do. The system was easy to manipulate too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »