Home

Post season draft projection question

This is a discussion on Post season draft projection question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3
Post season draft projection question

Ok So I just finished the first season of offline dynasty and won the national title with FIU. During the season, my top WR Willis Wright had 72 catches, 1136 yards and 9 tds and made first team all C-USA.

He was a senior and when I exported the draft class, it gives you the round they were supposedly picked in but he it looks like FIU had no players drafted which kinda confused me.

When he left, he was an 85, but didn't make it into the draft class file (which is now about 1800+ kb as opposed to the 391 kb it been in years past), but an Alabama TE got drafted in the 5th round even though he was an 84.

So my question is, does anybody know if team prestige has anything to do with making it in or does the number of higher rated players at the position play a role? For example I can understand if my 85 rated WR was the 40th best WR coming out that year, there would be too many better WR on the board for him to make it into the draft class file.

Maybe that 84 rated TE was the 6th best TE coming out that year, so he made it in based on the weakened class. Anybody know what the rhyme or reason to who gets in and why? I just made a guess off the top of my head, but maybe somebody else has heard something more concrete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Post season draft projection question

Like you said he was probably less talented than 39 other recivers.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Dizezed's Arena

It's based on what he's ranked out of the position. You usually have to get into about 90 ovr in skill players to get drafted. I also read somewhere that height and weight are factors. Even if you had a 99 ovr RB, if he was 5'8" 170lbs, he won't be drafted.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizezed
It's based on what he's ranked out of the position. You usually have to get into about 90 ovr in skill players to get drafted. I also read somewhere that height and weight are factors. Even if you had a 99 ovr RB, if he was 5'8" 170lbs, he won't be drafted.
Really, that's interesting about the size thing. I dont think De'Anthony Thomas from Oregon came out (might be wrong as he is top RB on game) if he's still in the game, i'll see where it gets picked, if at all.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

That almost makes since depending on what his measurables were. If he had good size and speed he should have been drafted but a C-USA receiver who is 6' and under with 80 something speed might not make the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizezed
Seems you were dead on with the size thing. Turns out De'Anthony Thomas went undrafted despite being a 99 ovr, with 99 speed, 99 acceleration and 97 agility. I know he's small but if its one thing the NFL loves is speed.

You'd think they would just have it set up to where his size knocks him down 2-3 rounds from where he would normally go based on his stats/ production. If he would have been a 1st round pick just make him a 3-4 rounder because size hurts him

I saw a couple of bad examples. I saw a 94 DE that was 6-3 232 go undrafted and a 5-8 178 kicker that was a 94 go undrafted as well. They should patch it in that guys with sizes not suited for the pros get moved to other positions before the draft.

That 6-3 232 DE would make a nice mid to late round rush LB. Kickers are small anyway so idk why that kept him out.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Here's what a couple users found last year. I've been going by this and it seems to be pretty spot on.

Show the spoiler below for the summary of their findings.

Spoiler

Last edited by speedy43; 07-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Dizezed's Arena

That was found in August, so I'm assuming a patch fixed it a little since I had many DT's drafted in many years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »