Home

Run Defense

This is a discussion on Run Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Run Defense

Anyone having any success stopping runs from under center? If so how are you going about it. so far i cant find anything that can stop it or even slow it down unless i send multiple blitzers. my best efforts seem to come from the 4-2-5 so far. any opinions? with this ncaa series a lot of times, it just takes a shift here or there and it makes a huge difference. But so far i cant find a shift that helps.. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Run Defense

I don't think scheme is the problem. The run blocking is overpowered from start to finish. Defenders get sucked in too easily and can't break free regardless of where leverage is. I would say a slider adjustment is in order.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
Rookie

tan_man's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I don't think scheme is the problem. The run blocking is overpowered from start to finish. Defenders get sucked in too easily and can't break free regardless of where leverage is. I would say a slider adjustment is in order.
This is an UNDERSTATEMENT

Offense is crazy over powered. People I have played online are like world beater all offense. I am 14-7 online but it makes me want to pull my hair out bec I can't seem to stop anyone.

I really like the game but it needs some serious patchwork
Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_man
This is an UNDERSTATEMENT

Offense is crazy over powered. People I have played online are like world beater all offense. I am 14-7 online but it makes me want to pull my hair out bec I can't seem to stop anyone.

I really like the game but it needs some serious patchwork
yea I have a good online record too but I can't stop ANYONE on defense. Even with good corners my guys just get smoked.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
Rookie

jejones's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't have it yet, but I can see a patch coming in really soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman334
Anyone having any success stopping runs from under center? If so how are you going about it. so far i cant find anything that can stop it or even slow it down unless i send multiple blitzers.
It seems like the blitz really breaks up the run (Which it is supposed to in most cases).

However, there are a few plays in zone & a few plays in a man blitz package that you can manipulate your DT & LB and get a good stop every once in a while, without having to send 5/6 Defenders.

Try This: It can be a 5 man blitz or 6
Formation - 4-3 Under
Fireman

Just send your DT & LB on a Blitz and you can get pressure up the A gap. (Its similar to the 2x Barrel Blitz, except its just the LB going thru the A gap & a DE applying pressure from the sides)

THIS is a play you can run on a obvious 2nd down every once in a while and follow up with straight man with a A gap blitz fake..
Old 07-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

If a team is running on you...just like in real life, stack the box

I recommend 4-3 cover 1 or cover 1 press or 4-3 cover 3 bringing the strong side safety down

play the hash marks
Old 07-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Yeah this needs to be fixed immediately. Novice players just going for 10 yards a pop on 9 man fronts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »